• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so its finally here!! The Cybergun/VFC FNX-45. #YOLOSWAG   The box is as you’ve all seen, glossy picture with the promotional jargon plastered in the spare space. There is no packaging inside th

paintjob done...

Posted Images

It doesn't, the sights looks to be flush with the top of the RMR, meaning the RMR is too high. You're meant to be able to cowitness the red dot of the RMR whilst still being able to see the sights of the FNX. 

It looks like you're using one of the older generation higher profile mounts rather than some of the newer low profile ones such as the Azimuth mount. 

Still looks great though!

Edited by DeltaZero

Shot my friends FNX on Saturday.

The gun sounds amazing when it fires. The Pistol is HUGE, I didn't expect it to be so big :P, Video games made it look small.

He has a problem with his though, when you cock it back the trigger moves, it's weird!

I wouldn't get it, as it wouldn't fit my hands, but it does sound really nice!.,

Edited by BioRage

It doesn't, the sights looks to be flush with the top of the RMR, meaning the RMR is too high. You're meant to be able to cowitness the red dot of the RMR whilst still being able to see the sights of the FNX. 

It looks like you're using one of the older generation higher profile mounts rather than some of the newer low profile ones such as the Azimuth mount. 

Still looks great though!

You're right, it's sitting a bit higher. But the red dot is adjustable. It still works well.

And to be honest, I don't really care about this "co-witness" thing. It's airsoft!

You're right, it's sitting a bit higher. But the red dot is adjustable. It still works well.

And to be honest, I don't really care about this "co-witness" thing. It's airsoft!

You're still missing the point, a lot of people want that co witness that's half the point of the pistol itself. Im not saying it doesn't work the way you have it, all im saying is it's not 100% correct. Half the reason the sights are higher is so it can co witness with the RMR and another half to clear any suppressor that might be attached.

Total Number of Rounds : ~500 

Damage/Wear/Malfunction: Minimal surface wear on slide-frame interaction areas. Mag developed a leak from the fill-valve that seems to have slowed or stopped entirely. The leak occurred when filling outside in the evening 5-7 degrees C. I think it was due to the cold temps shrinking the o-rings on the fill-valve, coupled with over-pressurization of the mag (Gas condenses as it cools, thus more gas in mag in semi-liquid form, expands upon firing).

Despite this leak, I was able to get off 3 mags the same evening in cold temps. I kept the same gas in the mag for a week, took it out again at roughly the same temps, and was able to fire off another 2 mags before cooldown, 3rd mag failed to lock-back. Without re-filling, I was able to fire off another half-mag indoors.

So to recap, this thing was firing away with a leaky mag for 3 mags with lock-back, with a week-long intermission, and was able to fire off another 2 mags with lock back, the 3rd having significant cooldown (the 3rd being fired rapidly). The rest of the mags were fired with 1-3 second intervals.

Colour me impressed.

edit: I should note I was using the 'Swiss Arms Extreme Green Gas' (the one in the red bottle). 

Edited by AG1212

Total Number of Rounds : ~500  Damage/Wear/Malfunction: Minimal surface wear on slide-frame interaction areas. Mag developed a leak from the fill-valve that seems to have slowed or stopped entirely. The leak occurred when filling outside in the evening 5-7 degrees C. I think it was due to the cold temps shrinking the o-rings on the fill-valve, coupled with over-pressurization of the mag (Gas condenses as it cools, thus more gas in mag in semi-liquid form, expands upon firing). Despite this leak, I was able to get off 3 mags the same evening in cold temps. I kept the same gas in the mag for a week, took it out again at roughly the same temps, and was able to fire off another 2 mags before cooldown, 3rd mag failed to lock-back. Without re-filling, I was able to fire off another half-mag indoors. So to recap, this thing was firing away with a leaky mag for 3 mags with lock-back, with a week-long intermission, and was able to fire off another 2 mags with lock back, the 3rd having significant cooldown (the 3rd being fired rapidly). The rest of the mags were fired with 1-3 second intervals. Colour me impressed. edit: I should note I was using the 'Swiss Arms Extreme Green Gas' (the one in the red bottle).

So nothing has loosened up? 500 rounds is good but if it makes it to 1000 I would be sold. 1000 rounds is where a stock TM would be pretty worn.

So it's able to shoot for a while thanks to its big magazine. Nice.

Now, does it shoot straight and accurate with small differences between shots?

BTW reading this thread backwards is certainly entertaining! :D

Edited by Wingmann

So nothing has loosened up? 500 rounds is good but if it makes it to 1000 I would be sold. 1000 rounds is where a stock TM would be pretty worn.

A stock TM is pretty worn after 1000rnds? What are you doing to poor defenceless TM pistols! 1000rnds is only 40 P226 mags worth of shots, I'd be expecting to put a lot more through one with suitable gas for the temperature before seeing any real wear.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...