Recommendations for a 1911 desert warrior or similar

Hi All

I'm in the market for a 1911 desert warrior or similar and would like some recommendations on what to go for. I wont be adding any extras to the externals of the gun so thats not and issue however I would like a really good quality pistol! I really like the look of the shorter Desert Warrior 4.3 Tokyo Marui or WE and also the Foliage Warrior!

Money isn't an issue and I would also like to pick up 2 extra mags and run it on Propane if possible! I'm pretty new to Airsoft so any help would be very helpful indeed! I am UKARA registered incase anyone was going to ask.

Many thanks - Xray

Erm, then just get the 4.3 Desert Warrior by TM.

It fits what you are asking for, unless you have to have metal (you don't).

It will work with Green, the 1911 design is one of the strongest Marui designs and so long as you keep it clean and lubed while using the right gas (tip: Ultra is good if you have the cash) it will crack along like a champ and empty the thin 28rd mag no issue.

As for where you will get one well that shouldn't be too hard, try Fire Support?

'FireKnife'

Any issues with the TM fitting the BlackHawk SERPA Holster? I did read on one of the forums that the TM Glock's had some problems. Do you know what one I will need for the 4.3 Desert Warrior as it has the rail on it?

I might even go for the Green: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-foliage-warrior-gbb-pistol

marui00501.jpg

Edited by xrayhead

So what ABS Holster works with the TM 1911 Foliage or Desert Warrior? From what I'm reading its not good news and most people suggest removing the bottom rail (whats the point in buying the pistol if you cant get a holster for it)!!!

At present I use the Black Hawk system and have pretty much every adapter, belt loop, Quick Release out there..

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?135778-Serpa-for-TM-Desert-Warrior

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=135025

Also where the hell do you find manuals for these, I cant seem to find an English translation on there website (thats pretty ######)...

Because it is made in Japan, for Japanese people. The pictures should show you how it works anyway?

So what ABS Holster works with the TM 1911 Foliage or Desert Warrior? From what I'm reading its not good news and most people suggest removing the bottom rail (whats the point in buying the pistol if you cant get a holster for it)!!!

Well as they are made for real world guns and the 4.3 Desert Warrior is just something TM made up it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that the 4.3 doesn't fit.

You are probably better either picking a different gun if you need a plastic holster or taking the rail off if it. Either that or a typical cloth one that is adjustable, they work.

'FireKnife'

Another option is buy the dessert warrior kit from Hurricane which has a slimmer rail afaik. But its going to cost you. If you dont mind going kwa tjey also makr a FDE coloured 1911 which is rather nice and does fit an 1911 serpa rather well. I dont remember if it has a rail though.

DAM That's a whole new gun!!!

Hurricane Kimber SIS Conversion Kit Includes: 

- Aluminum Body Frame 

- Aluminum Slide 

- Aluminum Trigger 

- Dummy Extractor Plug 

- Metal Chamber and Outer Barrel 

- Steel Recoil Spring 

- Steel Magazine Catch 

- Steel Slide Stop 

- Steel Front and Rear Sight 

- G10 Grip 

Get a WE Kimber/Desert Warrior

-John

Will this fit a SERPA holster or similar polymer for 1911?

The WE won't fit a serpa any more than the TM will, the TM is the better gun. You could always make a kydex holster for it yourself?

The manual is here (TM website + Google translate).

Nice one, thanks for that! If I remove the rail from the TM will it then fit a "Blackhawk 410542BK-R" EBAY LINK

I really cant bring myself to getting a Kydex after all the money and effort I've put into the BlackHawk system I'm using for my G17

DAM - This really is a major pain.......

Yes if you undo those 2 screws and take the rail off it will fit in a SERPA yes, as it's bascially just a 1911 at that point.

I wouldn't buy the serpa from that link though, it's £28 before shipping and import tax and stuff, I'd order it from UKTactical (link). It'll end up being cheaper overall and way less hassle.

Edited by Stuey

Yes if you undo those 2 screws and take the rail off it will fit in a SERPA yes, as it's bascially just a 1911 at that point.

I wouldn't buy the serpa from that link though, it's £28 before shipping and import tax and stuff, I'd order it from UKTactical (link). It'll end up being cheaper overall and way less hassle.

Cheers - thanks for that Stuey!!

Ah , doesn't make a great deal of sense as the trigger guard is not the issue . If you removed a large section of the holster towards the upper of the trigger guard and in front of the trigger guard to allow a complete opening in the bottom of the holster leaving the rail exposed that could be possible .