Motorbike advice

Habakure

Ouch.  I've had some nasty spills on sportbikes, but my worst crash was a highside on a 50cc motorized bicycle going about 20MPH.  The coaster brake(!) arm came loose and locked up just before a bend, flinging me two lanes into traffic where I was almost run over.

Ouch! But luckily you survived and no doubt continued to ride again!

Mine was at about 50 maybe, really heavy left at snetterton (as you can see) I was being an idiot 'chasing' someone much faster than me and threw it into the corner waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to late resulting in me litterally riding off the tyre wall and whoop there I went catapulted across the track bike flipping over and over after me hahaha

If were turning it into a crash thread I hit a deer when I was 17.

Jumped out of nowhere and I'd already hit it before I had time to react.

broke both my hands and tore the acl in my knee.

Funny thing is, the deer was laying still in the road, I went over to see if it was dead, and it shot up, and took off...

Didn't even exchange insurance info

I had a Suzuki Marauder 125

A lot of fun, comfy but sloooowwwwww

Now on a BMW F800R.

Ben

My GF rides a Marauder.

I went to GZ on it once, with all my kit loaded in the saddlebags and on the rack. It took absolutely ages.

They are really underrated in the UK, and that's why you can get such a good deal on one.

I ride all year round... Mine has heated grips, LED indicators, on board computer, 12V accessory port, ABS, etc.

And it costs approximately 25% of what a sporty 600 does to insure.

They are really popular in the US and the rest of Europe apparently.

Ben

• 1 month later...

My 800, a 30th Aniversary GS Model.  The best bike I've ever had, might have to sell her shortly :( , if I get to keep her i'm gonna buy a 15' Shipping Container to keep her nice n safe.

488277_10152075256680113_1684961519_n_zp

Know has nice chunky crash bars fitted, for day to day use I remove the panniers and Star Rifle Case and replace with a top box.

Edit : Oh what the hell, here's my other little toy. Work in progress, frame isn't even welded up yet.

10472094_10154313107170113_6015220377454

Archived