Lego 'Lee Enfield'

Baddbaz

The same way a water pistol, block of carved wood or toy gun is .

All toy guns have to be of a bright colour / unrealistic appearance or models of an obsolete calibre .

The laws are stupid but they are there . Vcra / asbu .

The same argument was raised with toy guns and water pistols last year .and shown on here .

They don't even have to be capable of firing a projectile to be classified !!

Madness !!!

The same way a water pistol, block of carved wood or toy gun is .

All toy guns have to be of a bright colour / unrealistic appearance or models of an obsolete calibre .

The laws are stupid but they are there . Vcra / asbu .

The same argument was raised with toy guns and water pistols last year .and shown on here .

They don't even have to be capable of firing a projectile to be classified !!

Madness !!!

Ahem.

Meaning of “realistic imitation firearm”

(1)In sections 36 and 37 “realistic imitation firearm” means an imitation firearm which—

(a)has an appearance that is so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from a real firearm;

That's CLEARLY made of Lego. Its appearance is not 'so realistic as to make it indistinguishable, for all practical porpoises, from a real firearm.'

So, clearly, it's not an RIF.

It's just an IF.

Imitation firearm" is defined in section 57(4) of the Firearms 1968 as "any thing which has the appearance of being a firearm whether or not it is capable of discharging any shot, bullet or other missile". It will ultimately be for the courts to decide whether any item falls within this definition but it will also apply to non-realistic imitations which nevertheless have "the appearance of being a firearm". This could include some children's toys although many toys will look so different from a firearm they might not be regarded as an imitation at all (for example, some of the more futuristic looking space guns). Where a toy is considered to be an imitation firearm (and where an item is considered an imitation firearm), the purchase will have to be made by a parent or other person aged over 18

I think 'appearence of being a firearm' is key here.

You show Mr.Thick (he looks a bit like Alex Salmond) one of those and he will say 'no, that isn't a firearm'.

It is not a firearm, in order to imitate a firearm it must be so that to the casual eye they would be no different. A well shaped toy pistol is easily classifiable but something made of Lego is clearly not.

'FireKnife'

Non-realistic imitation firearms and airsoft

Those who will not meet the requirements specified in the regulations will not be able to acquire realistic imitations but will still be able to buy non-realistic imitation firearms, as will those who wish to purchase paintball markers. The Act states that an imitation firearm is to be considered distinguishable from a real firearm if its size, shape or principal colour is unrealistic for a real firearm. Accordingly, to provide business with a degree of certainty about what can be traded in, the regulations specify that imitation firearms with a height less than 38mm and a length less than 70mm would be considered unrealistic. Additionally, imitation firearms which are transparent; bright red; bright orange; bright yellow; bright green; bright pink; bright purple; and bright blue are considered non-realistic colours.

The Act states that an imitation firearm is to be considered distinguishable from a real firearm if its size, shape or principal colour is unrealistic for a real firearm.

It is made of LEGO.

It is not a RIF, it is a rubber band powered toy.

If you tried to take this to court it would get laughed out.

If you tried to rob and bank with it you would have it taken off you and probably beaten over th heard with it.

I know our laws are stupid but this would simply not count and no police officer or judge would bother with such a thing.

Hell next you will be saying my old Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle toy that shoots little missile is a deadly weapon.

Give it a rest guys, even people on Zero In know this isn't a true RIF. ;)

'FireKnife'

Spud guns are now made in luminous colours . The original Black or grey is a rif believe it or not . Same as a case a few years back with a black water pistol .

It may be retarded , but that is our wonderfull over the top gun laws nowadays !!

Yet you can have a crossbow instead !!

It is made of LEGO.

While it's true that this might well be laughed out of court, just because it's made of lego doesn't mean it isn't a RIF. It just has to look like a gun, which this thing definitely does...I'd say it's dangerously close to looking enough like a gun to be a RIF.

Interestingly the boy got told the other day that painting a blue gun taserr up as a real taser could be seen as manufacturing a rif. Regardless of the colour based on the fact that it would be an imitation of a real firearm.

(Tasers being sec 5 firearms in the UK after all)

Thoughts?

I saw one lego gun kit that looks black and evil and blocky enough to look real a while back same with a meccano ppl ish thing

BrickGun_Model_MP5_radiosity.jpg

And

BrickGun_Model_MAC-11_RB_radiosity.jpg

Yes. Yes I do. Several pints and several coffees later...

We should also be asking 'What the *fruitcage* happened to airsoft'

I remember these coming to light a few years ago (well after the VCRA nonsense) and no one thought anything of it. Except for 'Oh wow, that must have taken some skill!' but now something that is totally harmless has been turned into a legal debate. Not so much on here but it is by the clowns on Zin.

Bit of a worry if you ask me... When did everything change and turn into this obbsessed bizzaro world we have now..

This is what the retarded-ness of the VCRA has reduced us to.  You can become a criminal by building a *fruitcage* lego kit.

It's *fruitcage* amazing how stupid the politicians involved in bring in this law really are, let alone any member of public that ever thought it'd stop anyone from acquiring or manufacturing things that look like guns with the intent of using them in a criminal fashion.

What's the maximum punishment for creating a RIF without a defence?  I'm sure I've heard mention of potential prison sentences.

This is what happens when people who know sod all about guns overreact and bring in blanket laws after public outcries. .

What with banning conker games in schools. , climbing trees etc . The uk has become a nanny state with laws made by fools !!!

Kids nowadays are not allowed to have fun anymore . The no life pen pushers and hypercondriacs have taken over the asylum !!

Archived