40mm grenade pouch...

Murdoc

Hi!

Maybe somebody has both, or can measure it:

Do Baofeng UV-B5 fit into 40 mm grenade pouches? The dimensions are: 116.2 x 57.9 x 35.7 mm (I think no...)

Also fit, if you plug in the headset (sadly it must be plug in on the side)?

I know there are many radio pouches, but a quad 40 pouch can hold many else things too (multitools etc.).

Thanx: M.

Hi!

Maybe somebody has both, or can measure it:

Do Baofeng UV-B5 fit into 40 mm grenade pouches? The dimensions are: 116.2 x 57.9 x 35.7 mm (I think no...)

Also fit, if you plug in the headset (sadly it must be plug in on the side)?

I know there are many radio pouches, but a quad 40 pouch can hold many else things too (multitools etc.).

Thanx: M.

Most likely not. A single 40mm grenade pouch is rather tight fitting so that the grenade won't sink into the bottom of the pouch. I've been using modified FRS radio pouch for my Puxing radio, which is similar to Baofeng one in size. The problem with these radios is that they are slightly taller than FRS radios, so the top cover of the pouch won't close completely. What I did was cutting off the cover, and sew a bungee cord between the cover and the pouch. You could probably use other pouches, but many of them are either too tall or too loose.

http://www.evike.com/images/large/pouch-ma56-b.jpg

M4 pouches actually work, but the radio will sink into the pouch a bit. If you have the money, you should consider getting the knock-of TACO double decker pouches: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TACO-Double-Decker-Mag-Pouch-Foliage-Green-bd6346d-/131250546022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e8f246566

The TACO pouch design allows use of a variety of magazines as well as items, and holds them firmly without using flaps or bungee cords. The model I showed holds my Puxing radio nicely, and the front pistol pouch can carry a multi-tool securely.

$_57.JPG

Archived