Recommendations for Gloves

dapprman

Surprised I couldn't find anything here, so ....

My present Oakleys have split on the right thumb so I'm looking to get a new set of gloves, but am not sure what to go for.  I consider myself a bit of a wuss so I really want protection for the knuckles and all joints on the fingers and ideally some on the lower part.

I'm presently considering Mechanix M-Pact 3 Covert and M-Pact Covert, but neither is exactly cheap if they do not work out.

Any recommendations are welcomed.

I have two pairs of mechanix one original one M PACT they are comfortable don't make your hands sweat and give outstanding grip plus are thin enough to feel whatever you need to handle.

Definitely the best gloves I have owned and I have had all sorts except oakleys they only slight downside on my M pacts is the thumb and trigger fingers are un protected probably so they fit in trigger guards.

Curlyboy

I assure you that you are not being a wuss for seeking knuckle protection. I was once hit in a knuckle while not wearing gloves, and that knuckle was swollen and stiff for a week. I couldn't type on a keyboard or pull a trigger properly as well. I've been using M-Pact for a couple of years, and I think M-Pact should fit your needs nicely. The rubber knuckle protector on M-Pact is not as stiff as plastic, but it is more than enough for absorbing the blow from BBs. In addition, it allows more freedom of movement of the knuckles. M-Pact is also quite durable. I've used mine every day as bicycle gloves besides Airsoft games in the weekends, and they've held up amazingly well. However, the end of rubber protector occasionally came off, probably due to the machine wash. But I fixed it simply by putting some epoxy glue on it and holding it in place with a document clip for an hour or two.

I highly recommend CamelBak gloves. All other gloves only last me a weekend, or maybe a month (4 weekends of gameplay) tops. My CamelBaks last a good 6 months of hard use before falling apart.

For reference, I've used Mechanix, Oakley, Blackhawk, Hatch, Outdoor Research, Condor, Voodoo, Petzl, and various US military issue gloves. Mechanix and Blackhawk were the worst of the lot, in my experience.

Katotaka care to share?

I wear these:
http://www.cadetdirect.com/mechanix-multicam-mpact-glove

They're incredibly comfortable, padding on the palms allows you to grip barbed wire with no ripping or palm stabbing. The fingers have added padding for trigger guards and the dexterity allows for manipulation of webbing pouchs (the horrible, disgusting Brit issued Fly Tabs) with no problem.

Maximum stars.

I've had two or three pairs of Mechanix and they have all worn through on either the thumb or index figure on my shooting hand. :(

I went and bought a pair of work gloves with a leather palm and fingers for a few dollars. Been going strong for a year.

Although, I can say that I understand paying extra for the knuckle protection that regular gloves won't provide.

I think he means that hicap wheels shred the rubberised finger tips on Mechanix in very short order.

It certainly did on mine.

^This

In fact, I didn't play much hicap mags or even AEGs in the recent year or two.

Mileage may vary depends on how you touch things with your gloves, personally I wear gloves for hand/finger/knuckle protection from BBs during game, and I generally avoid touching anything that will catch the fabric like hook velcro, but I'm OK with grabbing pretty much anything ( mainly game field terrain ) I need to grab during game, barbed wire is a bit over and I seldom walk close to it in the first place. :P

I use original mechanix in black covert. Best gloves I've ever owned, £18 a pop (but I bought them in store rather than online) I'm sure you can find them for about £20 easily.

Edit: I cut the thumb and forefinger off each hand, because dexterity.

Darkchild

I've loved mechanix, all models. M-pact 3 definately has the best knuckle protection but those kevlar cups can be a bit stiff. Other gloves I frequently run are US GI Nomex and BW issue Nomex gloves, both being absolutely great to use.

Archived