Gunman's Norwich Site

Dacascos

So the day begins bright and early at a local cafe for a breakfast burrito before heading to meet the kids at the works carpark outside our compund. After a long wait like an idiot standing there all by myself in old pattern combats (BDU's)  ***Wow were people staring at me like I was crazy!!***  I finally decided to get to banging on dorm doors to get their lazy asses up, so a further 20 minutes later and we're off on our road trip!!

Although there is only longitude and latitude information available the sat nav sorted it and got us there in record time!
Rolling into the carpark area and we see a multitude of patterns from every nation going, my nav's first comment was "wow look at all the kit these guys must have spent a fortune, we're so going to get stomped...." a swift clip round the head corrected this attitude and we were ready!! 

We were initially met by a very happy (considering the hour) young lady who introduces herself and gets us signed in,paid up and sorted with our M4's in minutes, then it was back to the cars we went to load up magazines and get kit on ready for a safety briefing.
The guys playing there apart from being kitted to the teeth seemed to all know each other but were more than accepting of us noobs and happy to chat and offer insight and in some cases a little kit which made for a great start and atmosphere for us from the outset. So into the safety briefing we went, I wont say it was short but it was definitely to the point and left little margin for personal interpretation which was nice (I like black and white it makes life easy!)
The teams were split and our positions and roles explained really well actually though the map sucked a little!! Thankfully four of our team were pretty used to the game so helped explain anything we'd not grasped.

So a little moment for some red bull and a team pep talk and out into the woodland we went, oh I should point out that at this time it was beautiful weather not to hot not cold and definitely not raining... First we were take to our bases were respawn was possible then the HQ which the opposition could never take - oh and btw we were the bad guys fighting NATO which was pretty comical!!! - Our team captain Ash was a pretty cool guy giving us a heads up to directions of attack his expected POC and advice of try not to get dead!
The radio went off and we were in the bunker close to HQ and the game began. Ash and his part of the team moved off to cover another area and we set to selecting defence point for ours, two two man teams left and right and a three taking point up front.

The build up of anticipation laying there in deep scrub watching a wilderness so quiet and still you can hear EVERYTHING and suddenly notice its not still but teaming with life and movement from animals and inspects everywhere broken only occasionally by whispering voices down the line of 'does anyone have eyes yet......??'       Suddenly the mood changes as the whispering voice gains more bass 'movement front, movement front' we hear, 'movement front eyes on one at 12 50 yards' 
'CONTACT LEFT CONTACT LEFT' guns light up left little voice shouts 'CALL IT OUT', 'CONTACT LEFT I SEE ONE TWO NO THREE CONTACTS AT 20 YARDS....... HOLY SH*T ALMOST GOT HIT' so ablaze went went our tranquil scenery with our counterparts attempting to flank us 'CONTACT FRONT, CONTACT FRONT, 2 AT 1'
Now everywhere was ablaze with noise!!!! 1,2,3 contacts are down on the left and screaming 'medic' whilst crawling to safety when our team mood falls as behind us we hear 'MEDIC, MEDIC' then another voice 'OUCH GOD DAMN THAT HURT, OH I MEANT, MEDIC', two are down 3 fall back to revive them and the remaining two NATO forces pull back for a moment giving us time to breath and regain our heart rates and composure!!!!

The site is I think 65acres of light and heavy woodland, about 11 points of interest from fuel barrels dumps to full on dugouts and heavy artillery positions and believe me we used it all, there is not a ditch, hole or thing you could trip on I did not fall over through or onto and I am not even going to mention the little dug out me and my wingman threw ourselves into whilst underfire which turned out to be a congregation point for all the spikey green seed pods that had fallen from the tree above -_- we will leave it with the word "OUCH" and her quote of the day being 'OH MY GOD I HAVE A SPIKEY THING IN MY *albatross*' priceless!!

In short it was freaking awesome, not much of a review I guess but I got all excited typing whilst replaying it in my mind so thought I'd share lol!! The first half hour really did set the mood and speed for the  of the day, the silence, the building up, then 'CONTACT CONTACT' and the adrenaline is pumping again but everyone played so great, 99% were friendly and you even got and gave laughs and compliments for kills and when you were killed. It is truly a great site to use and an awesome team of marshalls and players, without doubt its the best place to go if you're fresh out the box to the sport!!

Oh and lastly I have to point out how funny it is that even though you know these guns aren't real and knowing that they only fire little bits of plastic which don't really hurt much but when you're running under fire and you see some lift and LMG......  HOW MUCH FASTER DO YOU RUN?????!!!! Could've given Bolt a run for his money I tell ya!!!

post-98865-0-78191900-1412526000_thumb.jpg

It's a shame that sort of buzz does fade after a while once you get used more used to taking hits and BBs whizzzing by, or at least it's a less common experience (still great when you've got lots of pyro, smoke, gas guns etc going off in close proximity of course).  Nice to read from the perspective of someone experiencing that initial stage though.

If you and your friends are at Tuddenham next Saturday Daca I'll see you there.

It's a shame that sort of buzz does fade after a while once you get used more used to taking hits and BBs whizzzing by, or at least it's a less common experience (still great when you've got lots of pyro, smoke, gas guns etc going off in close proximity of course).  Nice to read from the perspective of someone experiencing that initial stage though.

If you and your friends are at Tuddenham next Saturday Daca I'll see you there.

It's fantastic when you manage to hit someone whilst staying calm, however. Even more so when it happens the first few times.

We wont be there  until the 25th I'm afraid, gotta give the kids and seniors time to setup their schedules, if the buzz fades then why play??????????

Alex you always hae to stay calm, cant aim or think straight if you're over excited. That you save for after ;) hahaha

if the buzz fades then why play??????????

To catch up with old friends maybe, or to find a game style or event that challenges you. Maybe to de-stress after a bad week at work, or to step out of your own skin and become an action hero for a day.

The friends part I can fully understand but destressing thats definitely a daily trip to the gym in my profession hahahaha!! Just a little sad if it fades I guess, I love riding mototrbikes and thats never failed to make me smile or pump adrenaline round at super speed and on the occasion it did a quick trip to snetterton race way fixed it!! 
Still I'm sure I have time to wait until I have to worry about such things for now you can all just put up with my memory to words descriptions of how much fun I had lol and for those I shall apologise in advance ;)

Because building 5 is the largest of them, its has a couple of entrances and lots of sneaky corners and places to hide. Its a great building and a sod to take! 

As to why play when that buzz has gone? it's because it's still fun, it just loses that extreme all day buzz that you have described and there are other parts that you learn to appreciate how awesome it is. 

Saying that 'the buzz fades' can be interpreted in a lot of fashions.  But I wasn't trying to say airsoft suddenly stops being fun after a couple of games.

The first time I did a static line parachute jump I was *fruitcage* buzzing like a lunatic, after about 10-15 of them you do 'get used' to the sensations experienced, to an extent.  Does it stop being fun to cruise through the sky a few thousand feet up and take in some views you just can't really get in any other way?  Course not.

OK so so mental note, atleast a 4 man team to clear building 5 and a flash bang as a go!! gotcha ;)

I thik the most exciting part fr me is not getting hurt in the process haha you can take silly risks and quite possibly be shot and it really doesnt hurt or matter. means you can make those long mad dash's you only see in the movie!!

Kinnery I do agree with your point but its more the sheer terror causing mass excitement which passes with experience that you mean I think beyond that of fun. Everything exciting at work can get somewhat simple and expected but outside of work fun is something different for me

Nah, go into building 5 and be sneaky sneaky!

Tuddenham is an awesome site and my personal choice for skirmishing, the crowd at gunman games are normally awesome and the style of marshalling really brings out the best in their players, they do tend to breed great players and friendly people. I am into weekend Milsim events or I would be at this site on a regular basis, not enough passes from the missus stops this from happening! Having been a bit of a site I am quite confident when I say they provide a great day. 

As for your other thread, the site owner runs a shop at tuddenham (lots to perv over during lunch), has m4s for rentals but think he is getting some rental AKs in and definitely chat to the other players there, most if not all will talk your ears off (in a good way) about their guns and kit so as a new player take advantage of that and have a good look/feel/perv of a variety of guns.  

Archived