New to airsoft and need an explanation....

Dacascos

As others have said be sure to try out the AEG at a game before you buy it. The first G36 I tried was the "C" and I hated it because of how short it was but later when I tried the longer "K" it was a much better fit for me and I ended up buying one.

On the subject of G36 mag pouches Begadi/BE-X make molle ones with plastic on the inside which really cuts down on snagging.

http://begadishop.eu/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=4212

See I do spend a fair time onmy belly too, I have no concern laying in wait as a team passes for the best shot or riggling my way into opponents positions if it helps the team, so thats a great bit of advice and weight off my mind as to playability so thank you

I will take a look at the molle pouches later as apparently government computers have that site locked out!! This is a regular occurance believe me for most things of interest! I'll also take a peek at the 'K' and its dimensions thank you

Juuust a hint from something you said - you're ordering from RSOV?..

Or at least looking too. The postage and packaging on those sites ramps the cost up, expect to pay what you see in dollars in pounds is a good rule of thumb.

Bulk order, get some lads from your site to split postage and/or add items to the order to get that back down.

I know your new, and this suggestion will start some teeth sucking. I suggest a WE G39 GBBR, it needs downgraded but its vsr hop sends .30's like a champ. When you test fire one you'l understand. They start @$200 new but second hand are common.

For any player, new or not, I would say take caution with the likes of a GBBR as a primary. Especially in woodland.

Though agreed they are awesome guns, good fun to play with but not the best unless you really know your way around them.

'FireKnife'

If your spending is limited, get something cheap and get the experience you want first.

You can meet people and try out other people guns and get the feel of them.

JG/CYMA/ECHO1/King Arms are great starter guns for AEGs.

Also I would recommend you go AEG first and not GBBR, as GBBR are expensive to run, and dependent on temperature. You are also limited to 30-50 rounds opposed to an AEG.

You're right it did cause some teeth sucking!!  I have to adit I do like the GBBR systems but more so for a sidearm I can imagine having a RIF in that format as being massively expensive across even just one mornings skirmish...

I think on this one I will follow the general consensus and go for the AEG RIF route to start with and a GBBR pistol but I will definitely have a quick go if I see anyone with one just to see what you mean

Best thing to do is get yourself down Rudders and have a good day. Ask politely at lunch and breaks etc if you can have a hold of someone else's weapons (giggety) and explain why. The Gunman clientele are proper legends and provided you're not an idiot they should be OK with it.

IIRC Tudders usually has a smallish shop on site as well which might be good for getting an idea of what works for you size wise.

Thats some good info there sir, will do!!

It looks like a good site and there's a lot of people raving about it so I'm really looking forward to it to be honest and I know my kids and seniors at work are too. If all goes well and the WAG's all let them come play we should have a really good number of people for y'all to use as target practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an opinion, but stay well away from the JG G36s, I've worked on a few and they have no end of problems, (including, but not limited too) the motors lock up the gear boxes and the anti-reversal latch springs break very easily. You might be lucky and get a good one, but every one of these I've seen (bar maybe about 3) have had problems...

Now for the controversial part (though not as recommending a GBBR :-p )... SRC Gen3 G36, for the money probably the best built & functioning G36 I've seen, usually around (in the UK) for 170-180 ish? The only issue you need to sort out is a slightly ineffective hop unit, but that's an easy mod...

Cause they're cheap and once they've done enough games they'll have paid for themselves. Also some of these problems may not show straight away, so by the time an issue shows a site might already have a load of them...

I have seen a lot of people talk about them well, but I've seen nothing but problems, biggest one is the motors seem to have dead spots where anything short of an 11.1V lipo won't turn it over (piston half cocked at a maximum)...

Well in my personal experience they run very well on a 7.4 V LiPo, a friend had one that he powered with 8.4 V NiMHs, 9.6  V NiMHs, and occasionally a 7.4 V LiPo and it ran well on all of them. All the ones in the society armoury work well on the 8.4 V mini NiMHs we have.

No worries, tested them on 8.4s, 9.6s & 7.4s when the motors go they just stop, all it takes is a an 11.1 to spring them into life, but over time this just gives them bigger dead spots, generally the piston stops about half cocked under very little pressure, the motor just needs a fraction of a turn to spring into life and work normally. But once it starts happening it just gets worse and worse... And then the anti-reversal latch springs have started popping on the last batch :-( (if anyone knows a good source of the springs I could do with a hook up!)

I'll hold my hands up and say I may have just been unlucky and the ones I've seen are just from a dodgy batch, but it my two batches are from a couple of years apart...

I think you may have been really unlucky dude but its far better to get everyones experiences especially bad in one place so people can make their informed decision.
I'm still set on the G36k by JG, although your stroies do raisemy eyebrows theres just so many people with arguments and experiences for them, though should it all god *albatross* up please feel free to give me a big I told you so!!

To be honest, out of that whole statement I thought the SRC bit was the controversial bit, not the JG :-p

Not gonna say I told ya so, fore warned is fore-armed so to speak! If you do go for it and have the motor problem just drop in a decent torque motor and the whole gun will spring to life! (an SHS high torque does seem to bring the best out of it...)

Either way, have fun!

I loved the look of the mp5 sd when I started out , so that's what I got . 16 years an many rifs later I still haven't found an aeg assault rifle or sub mg platform I'm 100% happy with ,and wouldn't even look at any mp5 platforms. Welcome to airsoft .

I on the other hand bought an ICS MP5 SD6 as my first AEG after much research into the build quality/reliability, I wanted an SD3 but couldn't get one at the time but changed the lower later on. Over 9 years later I still have that ICS MP5 and it's still in near-stock form, I since bought another ICS MP5 SD3 which I've replaced most of the internals in to make it quieter.

That said if I was starting out all over again I wouldn't buy a GBBr, GBB or even an AEG. No, I'd buy a TM tri-shot shotgun, a spring one, not one of these new fangled gas ones and a pile of shells to go with it.

Why? They're known for being reliable, they're fairly cheap, shells don't cost that much and there is no gas to buy or batteries to faff around charging before a skirmish, all you need to do is have a bacon sammich or five at the start of the day to power it, also as it's pump action your ammo costs will be low and you'll have to learn to play well rather than hold the trigger down as so many new players do.

Guzzihero very kindly let me borrow his TM tri-shot for a day at the local woodland site some years ago, it was one of the most fun days I've had playing ever and I got way more hits than I normally would have, even getting two people with a single shot! My arms did ache by the end of the day but that's my fault for having feeble arms, I wish I'd bought one while I had UKARA membership, hell, I wish I'd bought one 9 years ago.

I'd avoid SRC - the only thing i've owned that was SRC needed a complete rebuild as every part of it failed.

Wiring, feeding from the mag, motor, hop.. the only thing that survived was the body, which is absolutely solid.

In every other SRC I'm completely with you, but the Gen3 SRC G36 just seemed to work and work well!

Archived