American Sniper Movie 2014

Dacascos

It looks 'ok' from the trailer.

Seems the vogue at the moment is to do these real world post Iraq / Afghanistan films centred around people. Bit like how there were loads of Vietnam films in the 80s.

Though Bradley Cooper can be a good actor and as such it might stand out above other films. Will have to wait and see.

'FireKnife'

1) war films peaked with black hawk down

Kind of agree. As far as 21st century war films go (yeah I know the event happened in the early 90s but I mean when released) that is the pinnacle really.

Though A Bridge Too Far is still my personal favourite, partly down to the sheer scale of it as well as the star actors.

Watched Lawless the other night. 

Beef was annoying in that. 

Tom Hardy though... He's quite good in everything I have seen him in.

Agreed on both counts. Tom Hardy as Mad Max is even peaking my interest even though it was one of Gibson's few good, non-crazy roles.

As for Teh Beef, he even managed to make a flawed film even worse. Now that is saying something. I know Indy 4 was *suitcase* but I bet it would only be on the borders of saving if it wasn't for him.

'FireKnife'

It was a film designed simply to take an idea, over-use it as a means to drive a special effects vehicle and make a summer blockbuster that had a predictable ending that would make some popcorn munchers feel superior for understanding it given that it was practically spoon-fed to them.

It is a good film but there is a lot to pick away at the surface and I don't mean that in a 'up himself film studies student' way, more just that it could have been better focussed and not trying to deliver a heavy ending and plot that really isn't that heavy.

I would put it between the good thriller and mindless aciton points. It doesn't really fit either one perfectly but it has elements of trying to tie in both. Still for what it is I certainly don't regret watching it.

Anyway as for this American Sniper I don't think we in the UK will be getting it in cinemas until the start of next year, but like how we got Lone Survivor about two - three months after it first appeared in the US in very late 2013.

'FireKnife'

My good lady has recommended I watch that. (she also gets a twinge in the womb when she watched the old kleenex ad with him in)

I want to watch Inception again too.

Seriously watch it. One of the few films I deem good enough to deserve owning on actual DVD or in this case BluRay

It's the  biography of Chris Kyle, "the American sniper" with the most confirmed kills on his name

he tells about his live before e became a Seal, is training, his role during the second gulf war ( in Fallujah) 

and the rest i still need to read .

If you like such stories, its a good book, butt tasts are diferent, so its always hard to tell wat's good or not good  :unsure:

Too true, may even give it a go but for me biographies especially 'exciting military' ones are usually very flattened and dramatised in all the right places if you know what I mean. I may give it a go though, I never read these fantasy books to be honest but a friend bugged me over and over to read this one he had so  finally bit the bullet and read it  and it became one of my favourite books ever. It was called 'On a Pale Horse' though I forget the author but I'm running off on a tangent again!! Its like training the kids at work hahahaha I just wonder off talking about other stuff!!

You Always need to consider the poetic licence, with such "biography's" indeed.

And keep the commercial aspect in mind , when reading such literature, thats true.

i just find it's captivating, and interesting.

Well IMDB has it down as 16th Jan for the UK release but that is usually subject to change.

Given this is coming out in Oscar-bait season though perhaps they are hoping it can qualify for that given it looks a bit "Hurt Locker-esque".

'FireKnife'

Archived