• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I switched from a 20-year-old Fujitime titanium watch to a Galaxy Watch 4 with an aftermarket steel bracelet. Yeah, it's a fanmade face from The Division, I found it functional and looking good e

Posted Images

Wristwatches are obsolete.

Twaddle.

In a formal setting a nice wrist/pocket watch will complete an outfit.

At work, you can't always have a phone on you. A watch lets you keep on top of your timekeeping.

In a tactical situation, you don't want to be pulling out a phone to check how you're doing for time.

I would like a pocketwatch.

However I do recall seeing reinforced ones with weights and tougher skins to them which could allow them to be used as a weapon should you ever be accosted by two ruffians outside The Lamb and Flag.

Now that would be useful, tell them time and knock out some undesireables like a true gentleman.

Now I have a feeling I am going to want a pocket watch after this.

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife

Watches aren't obsolete.

As scorch said, a nice dress watch sets a suit off nicely.

I'm biased though as I have a few watches. A g shock for work as it takes a beating, a few other casios as I like gadget watches, up to a longines and a couple of omegas.

Watches fascinate me, the engineering that goes into them is amazing :)

Edit for teh spelz

Edited by shmook

I think the only time I have opted for a watch is either when airsofting or out doing other activities as it is easier.

When on a typical day at work or home I just use my phone as it is automatically corrected to GMT anyway.

Still with a suit a nice poliched metal watch can be nice.

'FireKnife'

Watches aren't obsolete.

As scorch said, a nice dress watch sets a suit off nicely.

I'm biased though as I have a few watches. A g shock for work as it takes a beating, a few other casios as I like gadget watches, up to a longines and a couple of omegas.

Watches fascinate me, the engineering that goes into them is amazing :)

Edit for teh spelz

I bought a Casio for airsoft as a silver bracelet watch doesn't look right, nor would I want to damage one of my nicer ones.

It's become my every day watch though as it's 100m water resistant, lightweight, and cheap. Sod scratching up my nice ones in the workshop.

I had a vintage 1960 Omega Seamaster (u know which one Hawaianjuggernaut ;) ) and a Steinhart Ocean One black but they stole it 10 months ago :(

Since than I am wearing 'cheaper' watches. Now I have this one:

HB1512882.jpg

and this one for daily wear: 

ch2891_main.jpg

Edited by Kunlun

Some pics of mine.

My first watch. Probably late 80's. Put a new battery in after finding it at my parents house

DSC_1080.jpg

Mid 90's tachymetre. Again a new battery and it's good to go.

DSC_0488.jpg

Work watch. Battered, the screen is marked from hot sparks melting it.

DSC_0485.jpg

Dads old beach watch. A late 70's/early 80's mortima.

DSC_0489.jpg

My dads longines. Huge sentimental value.

DSC_0495-1.jpg

Casio super illuminator. Like a torch at night.

DSC_0829.jpg

DSC_0823.jpg

A mid 90's g shock, mint condition

DSC_0001.jpg

My 2008 omega seamaster chronograph

DSC_0006.jpg

My 1967 omega speedmaster. Was dads, and probably my favourite watch

DSC_0496.jpg

I put it on a black leather strap as I already had a metal bracelet on my seamaster

DSC_1097.jpg

Not the best pics, but meh. I wear them all apart from the longines :)

Edit, I have a couple of other cheap casios, but no pics of them. One is a futurist with vibe alarm, the other is a stainless steel a168w :)

Edited by shmook

Didn't really used to wear a watch but then got a job after uni and found it was convenient to have the time on my wrist rather than look at my phone. I started wearing some watch I had in middle school but then that broke so I found a replica Submariner my dad's colleague gave him after a trip to HK or somewhere. It was buried in a drawer since the day my dad got it.  Really good watch actually.  Kept the time amazingly well.  I wore that for a few years just because it was convenient.  Then one day at work someone complemented me on it. I went home and took it off that night heh.  I never meant to pretend, it was just easy to use that instead of buying a new one.

I bought this Accurist on Amazon for £50 and it does the job.  I have had my eye on a nice Breitling Avenger though.  One day perhaps.

qfVjumLl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...