Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hawaiianjuggernaut

Pictures of your Timepieces!

had this o&w toledo about 10 years now, it still keeps time as accurately as when it was new at about -10 secs per day which is pretty good for a self winding valjoux 7750 movt that isn't chronometer rated

toledo_zps315ce999.jpg

it really needs a service but that is a bit spendy for something that is working fine..

anyway thats my 'during the week' watch, i usually wear a tatty old issue cwc g10 for skirmishing which has had its allegedly 'shatterproof' acrylic crystal replaced twice after airsofting incidents

Shatterproof just means that when it breaks it won't break in to a million tiny pieces. Instead it breaks in to large chunks which are supposed to be easily retrievable :)

Yeah.  That is putting me off too. I see there are a couple of adapters in the works.  Maybe they'll be decent.

The only one I've seen so far still uses 22mm straps--a 46mm watch (perfect size for me) needs 24mm.  It does look a whole lot better with lugs though.  

Holy necropost!

I use a Traser outdoor pioneer. If it finally gives up the ghost I'll get a smarter version of theirs.

Currently being repaired as I managed to smack it into a wall, and the tritium insert in the bezel came out

1e26f39f2a2d7bd43695138a8a2a7a26.jpg

Looks like *suitcase* imo.  That dial protector? thing is going to dig into your hand.

You can't sell a product by just sticking 'spec-ops' and laughably, 'tacticool' on the ad.

I saw this on FB yesterday - not sure I'd dare wear it on a skirmish but looks very nice

https://www.facebook.com/DefconAirsoftUK/photos/a.936905146329660.1073741828.936265376393637/1029901553696685/?type=1&theater

11224262_1029901553696685_37766768882907

No way is that worth £50. It will be a cheap Chinese quartz made for about 3 quid. As said, eBay is best for Chinese watches. A mate of mine got one that looks like a suunto for about £7 delivered :)

The silk centre in Beijing is best for fake watches ;)

Hopefully Delta still has my Bell & Ross!

A return ticket will negate a lot of the saving though :P

IMG_20151225_143456.jpg

Top one is my everyday work watch; easily replaceable if it gets bashed.  The G-Shock strap is an experiment that went pretty well.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.