Airsoft Webley Mark VI .455 Revolver

harborne blue

There are other places that sell them, it's just that no-one wants to buy one if it's $700+. Make it $200 and I might be interested (revolvers aren't really my thing).

I think they're likely intended for green gas, but if they are made well enough they 'might' be able to be refilled from bulk co2 tanks with the correct adapter.

I believe blobface, a user on here, is planning on refilling them with CO2 for use with his KWC Mini Uzi and Stark Arms GLOCK.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just notice that the OP video says gunhaven. Gunhaven is the company that makes the win gun powered nagant revolver. interesting though that they went back to the normal looking WG shells. but the nagant does shoot 450FPS, so i would expect this webly to work the same.

i have played aroud with green gas filled CO2 shells in a win gun revolver befor. the revolver didnt shoot right with GG. the BBs barrely left the barrel with any usable speed. i think it comes from the valving used for CO2 doesnt let enough GG pass through the barrel.

hopefully those KHM capsules work better than my janky converted capsule.

The Nagant isn't actually a WinGun. its made by a company called Gletcher. Since it says so on the back of the shells and that company makes many different guns including airguns. Though GunHeaven do also distribute normal Wingun revolvers. The Nagant being attributed to WinGun seems to be the fault of US distributors like Airsplat who constantly lump WE along with Tokyo Marui, for example.

Gletcher also make a Stechkin APS, and an MP443, so Russian guns seems to be their thing. Due to the shape of the Webley, where the frame behind the cylinder is very narrow, much like the Nagant, I would guess that the Webley is in fact made by Gletcher and not Wingun. Wingun never seemed to figure out how to not make the back of the guns chunky as hell, but Gletcher nailed it using a somewhat different system. The Gletcher Nagant shells are missing the plastic bit on the end of the shells, But this may have been done just to make those look like real Nagant ammo, which has no exposed bullet.

Now this does introduce a small problem though. Gletcher Nagants loose their single action capability eventually once its used a lot, because the part of the hammer which locks on the sear becomes rounded. It can be fixed with a little filing but it does happen.

I have a feeling that would probably have been banned in the UK anyway as someone would get the wrong idea about one being imported in and bye, bye gas in shell gun :P.

Still I am tempted to get one of the Marushin SAAs for S&Gs or to make a kinda Barney Ross loadout (just with Series 70 1911s and not cutting the barrel on the SAA).

'FireKnife'

Ah that was the one. A lot of people argued about those shells just being single shot moscarts but moscarts are just a push button you can operate with your hand and are unlike the real thing, the Cassiopeias would be seen very differently.

Though I still want me a SAA for the lols.

'FireKnife'

Cassiopeia would fall under existing laws in the UK for "self contained ammunition".

I must admit that I am unfamiliar with the cas system but the UK law as written applies to "air weapons" which airsoft guns are not. Check the APS shotgun news thread for more info but, as far as I'm aware/understand the same principle applies to moscarts, aps/tanaka shotgun shells, etc

It is something to do with how the round works.

A Tanaka shell or moscart is just a push button that is activated by a thick headed rod. The Casseopiea system works more like a hammer striking a gas release in the same manner as a firing pin. That section is under firearms in general (all that Brocock ammo stuff that seems to get around).

However as they never really got close enough to the UK in sufficient numbers for people to use them and for them to be notice maybe they just never got bothered with or classified. Too many real guns out there for law enforcement to be worrying about some plastic bodied guns that would desintegrate if you put a live round in them.

At least that is the jist I got back in whenever it was, 2007 or so, that this system was hyping up for release, can't say it is 100% correct.

'FireKnife'

Archived