ready hop ?

minisam92

I'm sure I won't be the only one to point out; grammar, thread location, and links to product in question. There are many guides to R-hops knocking around on here and the web, chances are one of them will have answered your question already.

From a quick Google search, I can't find anything about them, but from what I've heard about R-hops in general it seems unlikely that a plug and play version with no fine tuning is going to be a thing.

Corkie

I had a look on ebay and found what I'm pretty sure is the product in question. I assume it's this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ReadyHop-Airsoft-AEG-AEP-GBBR-EBB-ER-R-Hop-patch-kit-accuracy-range-stability-/251678525655?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Paintballing&hash=item3a993588d7

No idea how effective it is, no reviews on ebay for it. It's not a whole lot of money so maybe order a set, give it a go and write a review? It sounds a lot like the guy is doing a kind of cottage industry plug and play R-Hop, the theory seems to make sense, no idea if his product actually works.

Like HS5's R-hop, those are bits of tubing.  No more plug-and-play than the usual kit.  

If someone's interested in experimenting, I had hundreds of feet of tubing custom extruded in precise dimensions for this purpose. 

I get lots of static for referring to the R-hop as tubing scraps, but I don't know what else you'd call it.  At least mine are a very high grade TPU and extruded down to .001 inch tolerances.  I lost interest in the project when I could never find an R-hop that outperformed my tweaked flat hops.  

IMG_20120425_125205.jpg

A true plug-and-play design might pop up eventually.  Somewhere I have the technical drawings for buckings with a built in R-hop and matching nubs, but having something like that made in the States was prohibitively expensive.  

I had a look on ebay and found what I'm pretty sure is the product in question. I assume it's this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ReadyHop-Airsoft-AEG-AEP-GBBR-EBB-ER-R-Hop-patch-kit-accuracy-range-stability-/251678525655?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Paintballing&hash=item3a993588d7

No idea how effective it is, no reviews on ebay for it. It's not a whole lot of money so maybe order a set, give it a go and write a review? It sounds a lot like the guy is doing a kind of cottage industry plug and play R-Hop, the theory seems to make sense, no idea if his product actually works.

hi pal yh that's the one I was on about sorry for not adding a link 

Ive honestly not got a clue how to fit one was just wondering if they was any good and worth the money ?

think ill wait until there's some reviews on ebay ......

I get lots of static for referring to the R-hop as tubing scraps, but I don't know what else you'd call it.  At least mine are a very high grade TPU and extruded down to .001 inch tolerances.

You sell them too?

Anyway when I bought a pack of HSA R-hops as soon as I got them it was immediately apparent that they were pieces of tube. At which point the price seems like something of a ripoff.

No, they've been sitting in a box in my garage since 2011.  But I did just list them in my sale thread in case someone wants them.  Unlike my "competition" they are various sizes and I'm not stingy with it--there's plenty of extra to make mistakes with or do a whole roomful of guns if you're good at it.  

R-hop is OD9 and ID6mm, silicone tubing. Usually for medical or laboratory purposes. You can choose to look for right tubing and cut it or pay for pre-cut. Its quite expensive if you want to work on it. I bought 2 kits and I could use single size only, so I had 2 other sizes are sitting in the bin. Shame as these bits cost like 12USD.

The R-hop kits are expensive for what they are simply because they are marketed as such. Plenty others resourceful enough have found near identical substitutes if not the actual same thing in their original pre-repurposed state (tubing) have had the same expected results. But for what it's worth, a flat hop with a concave nub does just about the same minus the hassle. There's the ER-hop however which has a much larger potential for long range accuracy with the heaviest of bbs, but requires a muzzle energy not very many will be comfortable in fielding for safety's sake.

they allow you to use a proper hardness for your FPS range but still let you shoot heavier ammo like .32s with sufficiant and consistant back spin. you get the range from the heavy BBs and accuracy from the more consistant hop up.

the easiest thing to do would be to find a dealer that sells barrels with rhops pre installed. that way, you just need to find a good bucking, cut/gind the mound off and install a flat nub. the hardest part is shaping the rhop patch to the barrel, so you can skip that part if you want. but pre installed rhop barrels generally cost $40-$60 more expensive than the barrel itself.

i would get some tubing or patches and try it yourself with a rhop install helper kit.

Archived