Body Armour with Ballistic Plates - whats it worth?

Dacascos

I'm just wondering what one would be worth in the current market??

Spec:
Made by: Unicor 

Type: Interceptor Body Armour

Colour: Desert

Its real obviously barely used and all the ballistic plates are perfect as are the mollie and straps. I'm just wondering what they're worth if anyone can tell me?

I can't answer that personally but things like which ballistic plates it has (just front and rear or side plates also), photos to give an accurate idea of condition will likely affect value. Also possibly date of manufacture. Also what kinds of ballistic plates since the interceptor system got numerous upgrades. Also depending on where you're from, you might find there are legal restrictions on selling body armour (the US is a lot stricter on this kind of thing than the UK).

Have you tried searching ebay for similar bits of kit and seeing how much they typically go for? Seems like a fairly good way to work out market value.

Edit: after a brief search I've found a new tricolour desert interceptor vest with Kevlar (soft) plates for £175 on ebay, SAPI plates seem to be listed new from about $200 to over $900. Really depends on what yours has and if you can find someone who actually wants to buy it.

Interceptors should have both soft Kevlar and the hard plates.  If the hard plates are in a usable condition they will be worth a lot more that the carrier itself. 

That once listed at £175 will be there for a long time, although the DCU ones seem to be a bit rarer that the other colours they were produced in I have frequently seen woodland ones sell for cheap.  Best bet is to stick it on EBay with a reasonable starting price and hope people start bidding agains each other.

Archived