best budget boots (about £60)

Thechom

I'd probably avoid magnums now anyway since they've dropped in quality a lot over the years. You can find them from about £40 but I don't really think they're worth it anymore. A decent pair of hiking boots that's on sale is probably the ideal. My advice would be get your feet properly measured and spend a bit more than your current budget.

Unless you need the steel toe caps for work reasons, I'd get a pair of walking boots. Sportsdirect have the karrimore range of which there is a fair few under £60. 

If you are required to wear them for your work, I'm pretty sure you can get them to pay for them too, just fyi. 

I just bought a pair of decent enough Karrimors in Sports Direct (or some other typical sports shop that sells cheap / end of season stuff) for about £30 down from £60 as they were about 6 months out of 'fashion'.

Have a hunt round the hiking and camping shops as you can get a decent pair of boots for around £30 and the will last long enough.

Failing that get some good quality surplus army boots and give them a tart up with some polish, should be fine enough for work and airsoft and at £70 you coud probably get about 4 pairs and they last a long damn time :P.

'FireKnife'

I don't need them for work.

I work in a call centre, but I've not worn proper shoes for years, baring weddings and funerals.

I was thinking about magnums as I really like the pair I've got on now, but if they've gone downhill, I might just get to a surplus shop and see what they can do for me. Plus, if I don't spend my full budget, I can spend the remainder on other things....

sitting at my desk wearing my merrels as I type - much rather them over a pair of old leathers! If I was out an about for extended periods I'd go with leathers just cause of boring maintenance outdoorsy reasons. For 6 hours-ish of skirmishing walking boots every time :) 

i used to wear karrimors for everything except skirmishing, that is until i had a dodgy pair and the customer services of karrimor were frankly appalling, they wanted to test the dodgy boots for a month b4 they agreed with me that the boots were in fact completely useless as footwear and finally offered me a refund, so even tho i only spent about £35 on them i had to wait a month to get a refund all bc some muppet in their factory had stitched trough the waterproofing material making the boots about as waterproof as a sieve, they were very breathable mind.. 

my sons 1st airsofting boots were karrimors as they were cheap and fitted both him and the criteria for basic airsofting boots, after he had a close call with a twisted ankle the doctor at the site said that his boots were not really high enough to offer proper support for airsofting, basically he said the karrimors were not really upto the job and suggested more military type boots for better support.

my son now wears some very cheap tracpac patrol boots which are very cheap to buy (usually <£35, they are like budget magnums) and he finds them comfortable and so far hasnt had any more close calls with his ankles.

imo walking boots are for ... walking,  if u intend to move any more dynamicaly than a hiker get military type boots, even if they are budget ones they will offer more support where you need it.

also boots are an entirely individual purchase due to us all having different shaped feet and different styles of walking, my advice would be not to order some online that look like a bargain but instead go to a airsoft/camping/surplus shop and try some on b4 you buy

Dude just jump on enbay you can grab brnad new issue boots for under 60GBP all day long!!

The old school cold weather assault boots would be my pick given the weather here though, three layers of leather, completely water proof,  padding inside, hardf wearing sole and the boot tongue goes tot the top of the boot so no leaky leaky when you walk through a puddle ;) priceless

Agree on the cold weather issue boots,also called pro boots. A brilliant boot, had mine 7 years now.

Got them brand new for 60 quid, wore them for 14 hours the day after with no issues. By far the most comfortable footwear I've ever had :)

Yep, bought when I first started airsofting in august 2007.

Don't play now, not for over 2 years, but they get worn every day to walk the dogs a few miles, or if I'm doing gardening work, basically my go-to boot for 'getting *suitcase* up outside'! Wear them for hiking too if I want something with a higher ankle than my salamons.

Toes are a bit scuffed, and I'm not a squaddie so I haven't tried to *fruitcage* them to death or eat them, but they are in good order still. I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat :)

Archived