Need help buying camo outfits and equiptment

JediArron

Good point- were hardly using real firearms in a game-a drop of mud or water in the wrong place could be catastrophic...and this is england after all. Tbh ive always found really good footwear and weight management far more important than camo decent boots prevent slips on mud and said aeg nightmares; i play full day games and you really need to be careful selecting your loadout- if it was a 3 hour game Id take as much weaponry as i could holster/sling, but full days i wear light webbing, one pistol, and an m4-i even found the ris system tiring after a few hours so i stripped it to a bog standard m4. Im doing a full day this week actually and the M4 stays as its rock solid, but i need to try out my aks74u and glock 27.

As pointed out above the beauty of the game is you can really be whatever the hell you like-the pmc jeans look is no worse a choice than a US marine in full battle dress. Spec ops like sas wouldnt even look like soldiers without the hardwear; they wear a lot of hiking gear-stuff like that. Ive always liked the idea of playing as a milmiddle eastern militia in all black...but I think thats probably pushing it a bit what with ISIL

. Sounds a bit silly, but you know good ol uk: Theres always somebody to take offense.

Ive always liked the idea of playing as a milmiddle eastern militia in all black...but I think thats probably pushing it a bit what with ISIL

. Sounds a bit silly, but you know good ol uk: Theres always somebody to take offense.

Someone has to play the bad guy.

AEGs are more robust than most people think, I've played in pouring rain, never suffered a short. Getting crud on your kit is all part of the fun!! MilSim and scenario games are where it's at for what would be considered "OpFor" looks. If you want to go ultra lightweight, get some light clothes, an AK and a Chicom chest rig, works a treat. Agree on the footwear, cheap trainers are a fast ticket to a broken ankle.

See profile picture for elite level camoflage.

You'll find that nations camoflage patterns work best in the environment they're most serving in or based in. British DPM is designed for pine woodblocks and Northern Europe. MTP is 'Multi terrain pattern' and is designed for use in both arid grassland and desert. It's rubbish in pine woodblocks. DPM at dusk/dawn is nearly invisible at this time of - which is also the most likely time of attack in a conventional warfighting scenario.

You'll find you'll have a hefty colleciton soon enough, i've got Tiger Stripe, MTP and Tiger Stripe in MTP colours packed into kit bags for whatever floats my boat*. I do enjoy a jeans/baseball cap look and my Afghan Warrior impression is top notch.

*Bouyancy floats my boat.

Whats the name of that belgiun camo? Its like woodland camo with autumn colours-think its still current issue no idea it even has a name but ive the trousers shirt and jacket, and its all proper worn too, looks kinda like its been in use since the eighties, good old dms, british webbing..im playing this week and trying to somehow wear my new czech vz61 shoulder rig, but no luck with that. I do like those all in one fighting suits; theyre meant to be incredibally light and allow easier, quicker movement. I think theyre used by swat or hostage rescue though so all black.

Thats right: nobody wants to play the baddie- they all want to be american! Seriously id put US-themed loadouts easily at %60, a few modern brittish, a few cobbled t9gether loadouts like mine ajd newbiews in street clothes. Never seen any true "bad guy" like a terrorist say, or Islamic types-i personally think the Somali El shabab garbed head to toe in black would be seriously cool. A mate put up "colombian drug lord" but got laughed down... I put in "'Nam era Navy Seals turned Nasty" with the obvious tiger stripe bdu but black webbing, beret, skull mask, (MGS3 woo yeah!).

Does anybody have a camoe'd gun btw? I have a very old g36c I want to paint and wd appreciate suggestions of anything that'd suit the rifle, and woodland/forest.

At a guess I imagine you mean Belgian "jigsaw" camouflage. It's been around since the mid 50's. If you want to do a generic jihadist/mujehadine buy a shalwa kemiz or dishdash and then either an Arab scarf or a pacol hat and a chicom. Easy to move in, light and comfy. I've seen people go to regular skirmishes in afghan Mujehadine gear. I either do a kind of Latin American Guerilla look or go in russian gear.

Thats right: nobody wants to play the baddie- they all want to be american! Seriously id put US-themed loadouts easily at %60, a few modern brittish, a few cobbled t9gether loadouts like mine ajd newbiews in street clothes. Never seen any true "bad guy" like a terrorist say, or Islamic types-i personally think the Somali El shabab garbed head to toe in black would be seriously cool. A mate put up "colombian drug lord" but got laughed down... I put in "'Nam era Navy Seals turned Nasty" with the obvious tiger stripe bdu but black webbing, beret, skull mask, (MGS3 woo yeah!).

Loads of people play the baddie. Someone has to, and they do on a regular basis. Full-on jihadi.

Wow thats too nasty; love it! Never seen a scheme like it; it has a kind of borderlands, anarchic quality, and the motif is well cool.

Im just gonna practice with a few cans of Weapon Paint-it scrubs off with a spray they sell. I want my to g36 to look just like this picture of a battleship in a book-light grey marine blue, dark grey and white...only I want it in a flecktarn pattern. I think camo would work on the g36c if the whole gune is patterned rather than particular parts of it-or maybe the stock and handguard cd b solid white; id stand out from the crowd. And get shot repeatedly the entire day.

At a guess I imagine you mean Belgian "jigsaw" camouflage. It's been around since the mid 50's. If you want to do a generic jihadist/mujehadine buy a shalwa kemiz or dishdash and then either an Arab scarf or a pacol hat and a chicom. Easy to move in, light and comfy. I've seen people go to regular skirmishes in afghan Mujehadine gear. I either do a kind of Latin American Guerilla look or go in russian gear.

Thats the one and Ive actualy got one of those arab scarves in dark grey and black great during winter, just wraps round your head and makes good protection. I could also imagine some african paramillitary types wearing this camo and toting FALs and G3's-lots of belgian hardware in that part of the world, and I imagine theres a *suitcase* load of british gear, too, some of it very old.

I've always found simple patrol caps are the best airsoft headwear. With African looks, G3s, FALs, AK47 and AKM then just about anything WW2 Russian or German since a lot made their way over post WW2, you still see the occasional MP40, Kar 98k, PPSh or Stg44 even now. I think I actually saw an Iraqi soldier using a Mosin Nagant rifle the other day on the news in the assault on Tikrit.

Edit: not that Iraq is in Africa :-p

They will use anything, and some of these Middle Eastern tribes were raised with AK's-its a part of their culture, a status symbol even; back in the war on terror days, remember the osama video where hes next to a Krinkov? The guns price doubled overnight. I bet that mosin rifle does its job since the day it was made. Probably never even been oiled too. Its amazing the guns thatlll show up in these conflicts, I can imagine collecters tearing their hair out over non gun collecters shooting them. But hey, thats their only purpose, at least for combat weapons.

But that mp44 cache in Syria though, uber rare rifles sold as AK47s...any fan of german equipment would be in distress,including myself. Worlds first assault rifle, factory issue and prob still in cosmoline -they could buy an airforce if they sold that lot. With enough cash for an armoured column or ten.

About the beret thing- id advise people not to try one on while dressed in fatigues or around weapons...they change you, man, take it from me. I tried one on and straight away felt an urge to wear mirror aviators and bad facial hair. My pimped out m4 with 5 kgs of metal rail system, scopes, lasers, lightshows for the kids lost its appeal: i wanted a rusting G3 or anything made from stamped pot metal. I wanted to go to JO'berg and join a group named FARP or Peoples Front For Something or Other and go after De Govm'nt with the big dakka-dakka bru, cause their sucking the lifeblood from the people, ja?

Wear a paramillitary loadout with caution is all.

With the hunting camo, that is an example of mimetic camo, obviously it breaks up your outline too but it's designed to actually make you look like leaves and bark, works great if you're staying still, not so hot when you're moving since trees don't walk about. 

To put this in context, hunting camo patterns are commonly designed for the eyesight of prey. Animals such as rabbit, deer etc rely on moving shapes to discern predators - combined with very wide-set eyes, gives them a wide field of view and lets them clock a predator. Thus, the camo is tailored to break up your shape during movement.

Humans have binocular vision and try to pick out shapes, so military camo tends to be tailored towards just breaking up your shape generally. I think!

Thats really all it can do in a short, fast moving skirmish, as most modern battles seem to be- the first machije gun was the WMD of its day, complex, vastly expensive to field.....cut to now EVERY single combatant has that kind of firepower-so if you can break up your profile in a rapid paced skirmish, itll give you maybe a split second lead oj the opponent with badly suited camo-all you can hope for to be fair. Everytime ive been hit, I havent even seen the shooter- i just had slower reflexes and bad awareness of the terrain.

Is there any reason US acu has pixellated panels? The patterns always puzzled me a bit, what with the sharp edges; surely youd want rounded, blended colours?

Is there any reason US acu has pixellated panels? The patterns always puzzled me a bit, what with the sharp edges; surely youd want rounded, blended colours?

Digital camouflages are designed to work well at different ranges, with more traditional camouflages (DPM, M81 woodland, etc) they are designed to break up your outline at range. Digital camouflage patterns work by the smaller "pixels" breaking up shapes at closer range but forming macro patterns that still work effectively at longer ranges. Basically if you have to small a pattern with faded edges it fades into a single tone at range which is why the patterns of M81 woodland are quite bold and distinct up close. So, for the macro patterns to work the pixels have to have quite sharp edges, if they didn't, again it would just merge into a single tone and the persons silouette would be far more discernible.

The first true digital camouflage was CadPat, the U.S.M.C copied the idea and changed the colourway to be globally more flexible as well as bringing out environment specific versions (of which desert is the most frequently encountered). ACU itself was only ever a stop gap camo and a bad one at that, mostly it looks grey and far to light for any vegetated environment.

So as an update to those who were on my previous thread/s about buying a new gun, I'm going to my first airsoft game this Saturday (it's £40 and split into two halves day/night with food). This is what the president of my society poste about the event: 'Secondly, Airsoft skirmishes! Unfortunately there are no games running this weekend due to an anomaly, but there is a game running at Cool Under Fire next weekend (Saturday the 25th) and it's a big one. It's a two part event, taking place both at day and a night. Each part is £25 seperately, or £40 to play in both + rental and transport. It looks set to be a great event involving Barbeques, Flood lights, lots of screaming and a drunk Jesus (or so we have been promised).'

I'm not certain but I'm thinking of investing in an M4/M16, full metal and of good quality. This cannot be said for certain as I still need to research and (hopefully) hold or even use these models in my games. I'd rather invest in the high quality full metal, good internal stuff than the average/below average brands. Even if it costs £50-100 extra for the same gun, same material externally but moderately better internals in the better one I'll pay the price.

Please ignore above if you haven't read my previous posts *IT'S JUST AN UPDATE*

I've been researching camo outfits. I definately want to buy these two camos, Urban and DPM:

I'm probably going to buy a patrol cap too in both camos or boonies (that sounds so cute)

http://www.military1st.co.uk/clothing-combat-uniforms-dpm-mil-com-cs95/

http://www.military1st.co.uk/clothing-combat-uniforms-urban-mil-tec-bdu/

However, someone mentioned that people mostly wear 'smocks' in airsoft which are more expensive but I'm quite confused. Why would this site label these as airsoft outfits if they weren't typically used in that fashion? However, it does seem quite odd and out of place wearing one of these shirts. Then again I've never seen them in real life. What types of outfits/upper/lower peices would look awesome and be appropriate? Basically, what do I do? Yes I know it's my preference, but I think both look cool. So if anyone has a good argument to why one's better, I'll get that type! I'm pretty sure the trousers in the set are fine. However, it's pretty hard to find urban camo smocks, and by hard I mean impossible. Perhaps I could do a combo of a combat shirt and combat trousers and a smock and combat trousers? Also, what looks cool with a smock in terms of headgear? (boonies, patrol caps, baseball caps, nothing)

Thanks PureSilver (cute kitty guy) for suggesting the goggles, I'll be ordering them later tonight

In addition to the camo outfit, I know there's other things you guys have recommended: gloves, face protection, knee pads, vests (which if I do buy, then I wanna buy a good one, not a temporary one) and other stuff. I don't quite know what to look for when it comes to this stuff, for example, which gloves are thick, comfortable and don't hinder performance (i.e. by being too bulky and not being able to move your finger how you want to), for knee pads which ones actually don't break, for face protection which ones will look cool and protect the whole of my face, for vests which ones will last me for the long term. So I'm here to ask you guys.

Pls halp am new wut do aye do.

Thanks.

So I am a hunter. I have a lot of experience with camouflage. My objective is to look like nothing and not stick out. Your objective in hiding from people is the same, but also to not look like a human.

The best camo is sitting still. But also keep your clothing tailored to the environment. We have a lot of sand/dirt/green bushes and when I turkey hunt I let my clothes get washed out and let them get to be light greens. But if I'm hunting the forests up in the north I need darker clothing.

Basically pick something that breaks up your outline. In an urban setting? There you can be a little more "tacticool" ;). Your concealment will be based on how you position yourself, and you just need to not stick out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital camouflages are designed to work well at different ranges, with more traditional camouflages (DPM, M81 woodland, etc) they are designed to break up your outline at range. Digital camouflage patterns work by the smaller "pixels" breaking up shapes at closer range but forming macro patterns that still work effectively at longer ranges. Basically if you have to small a pattern with faded edges it fades into a single tone at range which is why the patterns of M81 woodland are quite bold and distinct up close. So, for the macro patterns to work the pixels have to have quite sharp edges, if they didn't, again it would just merge into a single tone and the persons silouette would be far more discernible.

The first true digital camouflage was CadPat, the U.S.M.C copied the idea and changed the colourway to be globally more flexible as well as bringing out environment specific versions (of which desert is the most frequently encountered). ACU itself was only ever a stop gap camo and a bad one at that, mostly it looks grey and far to light for any vegetated environment.

The best camo is to not look like anything ;) or be behind something that is supposed to be there.

There's a distinct difference between what works for hunting and what works for various airsoft roles.

Main point - where what you want to wear. If you're a DMR or sniper then camo up, real tree and ghillie then not move for 4 hours of the game day so be it. If you're sprinting about run and gunnin' then the pattern won't work.

However camo aside there's a guy at my local site who wears all black gear with riot armour and a russian hat. It's a woodland site but the amount of times i've heard 'Russian hat man is back, oh ' - it's his trademark. Not to mention he's pretty rapid on an assault, it's effective.

The best camo is to not look like anything ;) or be behind something that is supposed to be there.

Funny you should mention that, MARPAT itself is specifically described as "not looking like anything". You're completely right about hiding behind stuff that's meant to be there, if someone looks at you and sees undergrowth they will likely just move on. Actual camo patterns are more about fooling your opponents visual processing than actualy making you invisible, staying still helps a bunch with that, it's interesting how often you can miss someone until someone points them out to you. Even moving slowly and smoothly helps, on a number of occasions I've found just walking slowly can stop people form noticing you, even with surprisingly sparse cover.

Funny you should mention that, MARPAT itself is specifically described as "not looking like anything". You're completely right about hiding behind stuff that's meant to be there, if someone looks at you and sees undergrowth they will likely just move on. Actual camo patterns are more about fooling your opponents visual processing than actualy making you invisible, staying still helps a bunch with that, it's interesting how often you can miss someone until someone points them out to you. Even moving slowly and smoothly helps, on a number of occasions I've found just walking slowly can stop people form noticing you, even with surprisingly sparse cover.

When I did paintball and laser tag...I actually stood and walked tree to tree. It worked incredibly well. Nobody noticed the guy in the early 90s real tree deer hunting camo lol.

Slow movement especially little things like peaking around cover is something I always do when I still have surprise on my side. It's amazing how many times I see people in good cover darting around with their movements scratching their nose etc. Moving slowly really helps hide that your moving at all.

Luke

Slow movement especially little things like peaking around cover is something I always do when I still have surprise on my side. It's amazing how many times I see people in good cover darting around with their movements scratching their nose etc. Moving slowly really helps hide that your moving at all.

Luke

Yep. The Turkey taught me that one ;) lol. They have really good eyesight, especially for movement. Everything that eats meat in the woods will eat a turkey. So they naturally got paranoid with good eyesight lol. One that I killed saw my barrel move an inch to level.

Archived