WE PMM GBB (Makarov PMM updated) prototype (pics and vid)

rusTORK

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda funny, I would think Baikal/Izhevsk would be more likely to care about the use of the name 654k then just naming it PMM. Kinda wierd to name it after the BB gun but I guess it works.

Too bad it won't be made out of real pmm parts like the Baikal 654k though. Also I find it funny how every time pictures of a p. Or pmm are posted on Facebook and the like, *somebody* will inevitably make a comment about 007. Like, it seems unavoidable.

I'm conflicted about this too - it's a WE, which means it will be pretty budget, but at the same time there is literally no other blowback PM or PMM on the market. Choices, choices...

Too bad it won't be made out of real pmm parts like the Baikal 654k though.

The Baikals haven't used proper Makarov parts since the 1999-2000 models, AFAIK. They switched to cast parts from a blank-firing replica, which is a shame because they're s***.

You're absolutely right - I've been trying to forget that WinGun exist, and it therefore slipped my mind.

Does anyone know if the PM and PMM grips are interchangeable? You wouldn't think so (single-stack versus double?) but I'm hoping they are - the Bakelite grips with the star are just a much better fit to wood-furniture AKs and SVDs than the black polymer ones.

Nope, they are not interchangeable.

However I must admit I have waited too long for a Makarov so I might just buy the WE PMM and if KWA ever release their one then get that too. Nothing wrong with a pair of Makarovs from different eras as I like the classic and semi classic design.

'FireKnife'

IF KWA will release their Makarov - it will be really... well... Makarov.

WE "654k" isn't really Makarov and also isn't really PMM. It's something like "6mm copy of 4.5mm 654k pistol, but with blowback". Pretty pathetic IMHO.

It's simply two diffirent products. If KWA and WE will release their "products" (let's call them that way, because they aren't "copy of same thing") at the same time i think i will get KWA.

I will try to find nice KardeN gallery of PMM for your...

PMM-12:

http://my.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/photo/26

PM and PMM-12 (comparison):

http://my.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/photo/2296

If it wasn't obvious enough, it's a parody on Salient Arms.

You mean the modern day Jaguar of the firearms world? :P

Still with the PMM I thought it came with various slide styles anyway and could be mixed and matched like a PPK and PP so the above WE model is easily possible as a design.

'FireKnife'

No need to buy the WE or any other Makarov since KWC is coming out with a version http://www.kwcgun.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=14&Itemid=112&lang=en and judging from the serial number it is similar to the KWC 1911 internals, one of if not THE best airsoft pistol i have ever used ! kicks like a mule (compared to some) and feels so solid all my other AS sidearms feel like toys compared to the KWC.

They had a no blowback version out already i have not tried that one but the KCB-44AHN is yet to be released

Huh, didn't know KWC did a blowback Taurus PT92 looking thing.

But late on the Glock and M&P models though. Why can't they just look at the ones others haven't done like making a better SP2022, or making that Taurus 24/7 NBB they did in GBB.

Also perhaps not making everything CO2, for some of us having both options or even gas only is better.

Still as for the WE, well it is going to be all of £90-100 or something like that. That will be perfectly fine for me in case it isn't great, seeing as the real gun is imperfect I might forgive the WE for being so too.

'FireKnife'

IF KWA will release their Makarov - it will be really... well... Makarov.

WE "654k" isn't really Makarov and also isn't really PMM. It's something like "6mm copy of 4.5mm 654k pistol, but with blowback". Pretty pathetic IMHO.

It's simply two diffirent products. If KWA and WE will release their "products" (let's call them that way, because they aren't "copy of same thing") at the same time i think i will get KWA.

I will try to find nice KardeN gallery of PMM for your...

PMM-12:

http://my.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/photo/26

PM and PMM-12 (comparison):

http://my.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/photo/2296

If someone could perfect (or even attempt) to replicate the worn blue look of that Makarov it would fly off the shelves. Thinking KGB goons from 'Gorky Park'.

Archived