WE PMM GBB (Makarov PMM updated) prototype (pics and vid)

rusTORK

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, interesting place to put the hop adjuster but then it makes sense too. Why couldn't Maruzen do that on the PPK/S?

As for the suppressor does it come with that? I wouldn't see myself using it that much but as it is a fixed barrel blowback gun it would probably be quite efficient.

Still first UK store to get these in gets my pennies, hopefully they don't have some extoritionate mark up for being first though.

'FireKnife'

Unless my eyes are deceiving me those pictures in that link rusTORK posted up are of a suppressor that is pre-threaded and ready to go?

Still as said if included it just might tip me in favour of the PMM, even if the grip looks uncomfortable (why the thumb raise on BOTH sides?).

'FireKnife'

True to a degree but then swapping bodies on a pistol is a lot easier than swapping some bits. Plus the cost of a small part or two is probably that of the frame due to the intricate process to make smaller items. Finally some people still believe 'metal am bestest' and those are the kind of people that wonder why a MBK slapped on a gun isn't as effective as a MBK gun with lots of internal fixings too.

Still would be nice to see but if I was going to make a full steel gun I wouldn't think a WE would be the best starting place. They have the cheap to mid-range sidearm market almost to themselves with bigger competition at either end so I wouldn't see them worrying too much.

'FireKnife'

Just the design, perhaps it fits the hand better. Like for those people that take a nice, thin 1911 single stacker and go and whack huge, finger groove grips on them?

To me the grip is the only off putting thing given the thin panel look the older PM has but never know, it might be more comfortable than it looks.

'FireKnife'

Just the design, perhaps it fits the hand better. Like for those people that take a nice, thin 1911 single stacker and go and whack huge, finger groove grips on them?

To me the grip is the only off putting thing given the thin panel look the older PM has but never know, it might be more comfortable than it looks.

'FireKnife'

I'm not a lover of these really, but in that grip config, they are very comfy to hold - that was the better grip design of these imo...

Ah, didn't see the one with the included suppressor. But it does look like the same threwads on the barrel so you can put the adapter and your can of choice afterwards. Does it come with a spare extended inner barrel or is there an Angry Gun thing going on where the suppressor has an inner barrel extension?

Also, with the thumb rest on both sides, that's to coincide with the step on the mag where it funnels from double stack to single. It's not as pronounced as it looks so should fit the trigger finger on the other side comfortably. Enlarged backstrap on the PMM is for ergonomics with complaints of the original PM being too small I guess.

edit:

And a fine time for the PMM to come out after the fact I've already spent my money on void fillers. Will wait some months before I can allow myself to spend more, and when the non treaded version comes out. Not too keen on the export markings myself.

I wondered that too. But it seems obvious really.

Silver version is just the unfinished metal that has been polished.

Where as the black one has been "polished" (not mirror finish but smoothened out) and then painted black.

So it's more work and materials for the black version.

At least that's the conclusion I came up with. :o

Archived