John Wick - Keanu Reeves film

hitmanNo2

Just saw the trailer for this.  Looks epic.  I hope Keanu can redeem himself for the dreadful 47 Ronin.  The action looks decent and Keanu knows his way around guns as seen in Street Kings so should be good.

I am sure this will be out on DVD and copied by the time we get it :P.

Still it does look quite good, even if it does have the third blandest actor ever in it (after William Hurt and Kevin Costner, Reeves ties with Liam Neeson).

Plus the gunfights look like a mix of real and just that bit over the top, a mid point which is good to see.

'FireKnife'

To be honest is he not just called John Wick in the film as he is a short fuse and they light him by killing his dog.

But agreed if someone killed my dog I would strap them on one of those sawmill production lines and see just what happens.

Though agreed on the firefights, looks like they are a nice blend.

'FireKnife'

Perhaps due the affinity the people involved in making it have with films that have perhaps inspired it from HK, like Woo's old stuff.  Reeves is a bit of an Eastern buff from what I gather.  Or perhaps I'm talking out of my butt.  I don't know :P

I might see it soon. if only because its been compared to 'The Raid 2'. But I don't see how possible that is.

Well isn't it an R or PG-13 so is probably going to be less bloody :P.

Though something does seem a bit up to date HK film about this, though that might be as the trailers have focussed on all the gunfights and establishing the character while giving him a reason some might see as 'unreasonable' to inspire mass killing (I wouldn't, no-one kills a dog and gets away with it). I recall the random reasons given in some films for mega killing, things like 'just because' being the norm.

Still a pair of compensated P30s and a suit does look like a good setup :P.

EDIT: Also had a look on the IMDB page. Sounds like it is going for a Expendables 3 thing with off screen deaths and gunfights but no major blood splatter, not sure what difference that really makes but it seems a fair few films are cutting back to get ratings. Apparently this film is only an R because they say *fruitcage* a good few times.

'FireKnife'

They *fruitcage*ed with his lovely car too.  Double rampage.

This is the problem with nice cars - if they get a dent you're gonna be upset, let alone it getting nicked and prompting a rampage. 

If he was driving a p-reg clio this film would never have been made. 

This is the problem with nice cars - if they get a dent you're gonna be upset, let alone it getting nicked and prompting a rampage. 

If he was driving a p-reg clio this film would never have been made. 

Or didn't have a dog that was a present from his dead wife, that is kinda the reason :P.

'FireKnife'

EDIT: Also had a look on the IMDB page. Sounds like it is going for a Expendables 3 thing with off screen deaths and gunfights but no major blood splatter, not sure what difference that really makes but it seems a fair few films are cutting back to get ratings. Apparently this film is only an R because they say *fruitcage* a good few times.

*badger*s. If it's R-rated anyway, they could go the whole hog, real old school.

Not like Sad Keanu helps, his lines from the trailer made me cringe.

Any Keanu makes me cringe. I mean hell even as Neo he still sounded like a robot and not all 'hero of the resistance-y' :P.

Still I like that era of 15 rated films when you had about 12 rated violence by todays standard and the odd *fruitcage* and *suitcase* to bump it out of the 12 market.

'FireKnife'

Keanu gets a bad rap.  He's actually pretty decent when in the right role.  I'm sure he's been in a few stinkers.  47 Ronin comes to mind.  But I can't really think of many of his films where I've thought 'god damn.  That was shockingly bad' Matrix sequels are debatable.  I've only seen them once, in the cinema so I perhaps I need to refresh my memory on those.

The real problem with the second and third Matrix films is that they were trying too much to simply better the previous one in the most obvious of ways.

Then the plot got out of hand and that was it for most people. Saying that the first one is still good.

As for Reeves well he just seems to be an example of an actor that needs typecasting. He plays a pretty good role in Speed but when I look through his filmography it is not that full of big roles outside of the ones we all know (like Constantine, Matrix and Speed) with the odd failure. He does action well, everything else meh.

'FireKnife'

Have you seen A Scanner Darkly?  That's decent.

I did, it was good but nothing to write home about.

Keanu Reeves is most bodacious.

See I am not a big Bill and Ted fan, found it a bit too late 80s, early 90s for me and just not that funny overall. The sequel well that was just a whole lot worse.

'FireKnife'

Archived