AN/PEQ14 Help

blobface

Hello, not really sure which section this question belongs to, but does anyone here own the Insight AN/PEQ14? I'm asking as in the near future I might require some help to verify the legitimacy of one that I have recently purchased and will receive soonish, it's from the bay of E so the worst that could happen is I get a money back guarantee, please PM or respond to this thread to let me know who you are if you feel that you might be able to help, thanks!

Yeah that's what I was hoping, brief search on the internet only yielded a couple threads / sites about TMC releasing one, but it looked pretty awful so that should be immediately obvious (and lacking IR etc), also don't remember seeing anyone actually owning the replica anywhere so it was probably ghost ware. I'm only flagging it in my mind because the eBay store claims the item location is in the UK but when it was shipped, it came from Hong Kong, the seller has like 98% positive feedback but the few times they got bad reviews were people saying that what they received were cheap knock offs (of radio equipment), oh well, will see when / if it gets here. 

I remember a few years ago seeing something on eBay being a civ version. Was in HK. IT CAME UP EVERY NOW AND THEN, NO IDEA IF IT WAS. THE SAME ONE.

NOT THE MOST HELPFUL OF POSTS, SORRY.

Edit, gah. Stupid caps lock makes me shout. Apologies.

It's supposedly the Insight PEQ-14 ILWLP, which is the same as LAM1000 I think, I remember seeing someone with it mounted on (and also a UK user too, on this forum, but I just can't find it anymore), the title of the ebay page also stated IR and vis laser..  so I guess if / when I receive it and it was a civ version, I can go through eBay's return procedure etc. 

Oh great! I'll bother you with questions when I receive mine then! Although it's starting to sound like if I found it it's likely to be real, so it's more making sure it's actually fully functional, did you get all of the stuff with it as well? Like the pattern generators / tail switches etc. 

Archived