So I went Paintballing today...

joeking27

I went paintballing today.

It was okay, but really lacks the fun element of airsoft. As soon as you enter a paintball site, honour seems to be gone. Dead men talking, abuse of the stupid no headshots rule, and horrendously expensive ammo.

Anyway, airsoft is much better, and I hope to take the same gang airsofting sometime next year. :)

I have a welt thats nearly 3 weeks old on my knee from airsoft.. about the size of a 10p, its shrinking tho.

I cant stand pball anymore, the ammo is way to expensive at sites, and the guns ae hard to aim, and hard to hit with, and I hate the damn hoppers they use

I don't mind PB, I just don't enjoy it that much, and I don't like pain if I can avoid it.

My main problem with it is people acting like w*nk*rs, and generally unfriendly atmosphere rather than the ''I'll lend you a kidney'' atmosphere of Airsoft.

You people seriously are against paintball arent you? Im not anti paintball im just pro airsoft, paintballs ok fun and i got to admit i actually get a lot more satisfaction from seeing that thud as you hit someone however i still prefer airsoft for the usual reasons

i got to admit i actually get a lot more satisfaction from seeing that thud as you hit someone

And then they carry on playing.

All through the day, the rules are gun hits count. I nailed the hopper of the same person's gun, in the same place, twice.

Or they shout hit, and carry on. Then *badgeress* when I shot them again.

Or the talking dead guys who complained when they get lit up.

Not so much anti-paintball, I just don't really like it.

Paintball is ok, fun for a change

People who play it make it ######, last time I went pballing, place was packed with chavs. A lot of them thinking they had armour or something, and not going out.

One guy got shot in the mask 3 times, stood up and ran at us shooting..

He got kicked out for being a general tit tho.

The thing I mainly dont like about pball is the fact that every damn site ive been to is the same, ie wooden barricades facing each other, every game is pretty much the same.

I would love to give pball ago in woodland when you can actually sneak about, and the enemy cannot see where you start!

My main opposition to paintball is the horrendously expensive ammunition, and then the tendency to waste that ammunition because you can't hit where you are (crudely) aiming. Personally, I think that is very clever business tactics by the paintball companies; why supply an accurate weapon when you can make four or five times the profit selling more ammunition?

Another problem I have with paintball is the injuries you get. I have a scar on my hand where I was hit from 3 or 4 feet. Everytime I play, either myself or one of my friends gets a horrible bruise or hurt in some other way (not just our pride :P) - for me, a risk of serious injury really takes away a lot of the fun.

However, my biggest gripe is the lack of any challenging scenarios. The guys that work at the sites do a good job, and I am full of respect for both them and Airsoft site owners, but honestly how many times can you play in the same 100m by 100m arena full of crates and not get bored?? There are only limited tactics and no strategy that can be carried out because you can see your opponent from the start line!

Having said that, I would not encourage any bad blood against paintballers. It is good for a laugh with some friends occassionally, and not everyone who plays is that bad - likewise, not everyone who plays airsoft is a jolly soul - I have known enough cheating, foul mouthed players in my time. I choose airsoft because of the realism, but I won't slag off paintball for no reason; I have my problems with it, but I can understand why people enjoy it.

Edited for spelling.

paintballing is fun but so expensive. airsoft is much better. whilst playing paintball the worst injuries ive sustained have been being shot in my windpipe, on my knuckles (hurts like a motherfudger with no gloves), in my balls and many other places i dont care to mention. although it is rewarding when that one guy thats smuggingly taking out most of the ###### players on your team gets shot in the ear a couple of times.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I recently went paintballing and had the following gripes about it:

• My team were all cowards, They all piled up behind cover and started blind-fireing (Which was against the rules)
  • I het somepeople, from 10m away, and they just would not take their hits
  • Speedball was ok at the start, but once again both teams were cowards

The following things I liked:

• Sneaking around and getting stealth kills in the jungle arena
  • The paintballs didn't really hurt that much TBH
  • The satisfeing thump when you do hit someone
  • All the litte kids getting their parents to buy grenades, There was about 10 expolsions a minute
  • The shear randomness of it, The tactics needed to win where always really random (Like suicide charges)

Archived