How much will a suppressor effect a TM 1911?

Lowprofile

I'm looking at getting a threaded barrel and a suppressor for my series 70 (nickel plated) and was wondering how much it will effect the pistol itself. If I do this, is it going to ruin it's performance and be a waste of money and time? 

Thanks, 

Lowprofile

Practically zero use at all. And that is from having one and using it for a full three days of gaming.

The noise reduction is little if any, the action has to be good and smooth otherwise it will be too sluggish and even with a light suppressor you will notice a drop in effeciency.

If you want it to look cool then you could try a light compensator? Looks good and doesn't affect the gun much?

Though this also leads to the issue of options for a threaded barrel which are either in the £50 and upward range for just the barrel or using the WE 1911 threaded outer barrel which is a waste of money.

Sadly it is either going to cost a lot and not do much or cost less and do even less. That's the options, I wish they weren't.

'FireKnife'

Whilst not a silencer, I've experimented with various compensators. I've found them to affect the function of the gun so little that it's not possible to measure.

Slide mounted things do generally lower gas efficiency (such as metal/plastic slides, lightweight/normal BBU, heavy sights(like a mini rds), and those barrel bushing comps)

Where barrel mounted comps don't really change the gas efficiency so much at all. The outer barrel moves only a tiny amount anyway so I can't see it being that bad.

Sound wise, there's so much noise coming from the breach/BBU so reducing the sound from the muzzle wont be all that effective, listen to how NBBs sound, quiet aren't they. The only noise you get from them is the muzzle noise.

I usually put an extended barrel whenever I use a compensator, the added barrel length helps with range in pistols.

Archived