MP7 (well) upgrade project.

aac

Started a new project (after my CQBR)

i want to upgrade my Well MP7 to the Navy version, finaly i want him to look like below.

first of al, i am going to remove that foregrip, and make a wilcox rail.

on top of it i want a Peq box with a better battery, and a T1 red dot sight.

finaly i am going to make H&K MP7 ROTEX II suppressor.

Below the first progress, the wilcox rail, on the background the Well.

MP7-Navy-640x420.jpgOSPPjlD.jpgvbDati7.jpg

Thx, Chas :)

It's not a big project as the CQBR,  the wilcox rail is the most complex part , and maybe the suppressor.

Peq box and T1 i need to buy , anyway

I can change al the part's , in case the WELL dies.

but i am not an airsofter, only collector-gunsmither, don't shoot much with my replica's

so i hope he wil last a little longer :)  

But that's just not my way of pursuing this hobby :no:

did you see this ?

Yes I have seen that been subscribed to it since day one. Totally understandable, your work is fantastic.

I was more just pointing out the obvious and also in a round about kinda way backing up that you're doing it cause you have to due to size differences!

Though actually saying that now I think about it you can buy the Wilcox clone for the TM MP7 which is the same size as the Well, so my point was invalid! Haha

Ok Guys , didn't know there airsoft MP7's wich are Real sized ? thx  :busted_blue:

the WELL i have already, and theWilcox rail isn't  that dificult to make 

And in case  another one cross my pas, i just make another Wilcox rail  :)

Finished today the Wilcox rail.

Normaly the latch of the original folding foregrip -on the MP7- is sawn off, to be able to mount the rail.

but i had not the heart, and it's irreversible. :(

So i choose'd  to mill in a slot,  where the latch can pass trough

later i wil hide the latch inside a foregrip

GoSJNMa.jpg

t7nHcUm.jpg

Hh1ksZ2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had some unforseen issues in my progress, the outer barrel tended to be bend.

when trying do dissasemble for dress the barrel, he broke

(made from a very poor quality zinc-alloy) :( 

So i needed to made a new one

bn8DkEB.jpg

After that some messing with al the parts 

X9n78cW.jpg

sucseeded to assemble after all

D66AhFU.jpg

so far so good

P8MFPqt.jpg

then i bended over the WILCOX rail and MAGPUL foregrip

eYD06X5.jpg

But when i took a closer look, the whole plan, of keeping the notch (for the original folding foregrip) and hide it in the rail and foregrip.

seemed no so easy, so i choose for the dramatic solution after all  :(

dNSfPsi.jpg

And the result's

v4qePto.jpg

KNjvt9O.jpg

NtKG6Ky.jpg

vaABtTw.jpg

VxBUJku.jpg

So far so good  :)

• 1 month later...

It looks excellent. I have the vz61 and enough parts to make another; my working gun has had authenticity work incorporating a RS grip, weathering, etc but the others a project gun: 5he goal being a modernized modular system in a box- pistol, carbine, and machine pistol. So far ive replaced the sights with glock iron sights with built in micro laser and for the carbine ill need a longer barrel and stock. (Aided by the stock mounting point. The pistols the base gun and the easiest. Just remove the wire stock, use the smallest mags. Ive modernized the grip by adding universal wraparound grips, heat sealed, then coated with plasti-dip for the best grip purchase ive ever felt.

Is your receiver stock? Only ask'cause it looks nice for a Well. I did see one oj offer for £50 but i dont personally like the form

• 8 months later...

To finisch my MP7 build
i would like to do an AOR paintjob .
Now there is a shitload of tutorials & video's to find on the web.
so if somebody as a suggestion youre welcome icon_e_wink.gif 

My biggest problem is to find the right colors, since i am colorblind icon_problem.gif 
So i would be pleased if someone could me advice some color numbers 
Most Easy would be color numbers of Revell, Humbrol, Testas, Fosco Etc ...
Since they are quite easy to find worldwide 

mrmacmanmp71tgu2t.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So today my newest asset -this ROTEX II suppressor from Airsoftpeak -  fitted to my MP7.

You can also see my complete review overhere  :)

This silencer comes complete with flashider, but has a bit to much clearance on the flashhider in my opinion.(0.2 mm is quite much :unsure: )

Beside that the suplied flashider has a 14 mm CCW thread  :(

And for those who still remember, a certain moment,  i had the original flashider, and outerbarrel (made out of full airsoft metal) in my hand,  in pieces

So i was obligatory to made real steel one , and with a "normal" thread, but this way the the suplied flashhider isn't compatible with my custom made outerbarrel.

bn8DkEB.jpg

My selfmade flashhider has a bigger outer diameter, so i was still able to turn him 0.2 mm slimmer  :) 

And meanwhile i could degrease the clearance to 0.02 mm waaaaaaaay better  :D

This also from a future point of view, where i want to experiment with custom made internals.

there i  want to work with very narrow BB passages, which recuires an outstanding lineup.

I wil cetainly come back on this feature , so everyone with knowledge of airsoft silencer internals , repport for duty plz :D  

Also i want to "invent" a modification to prevent the sillencer from rotating.

50TRnL5.jpg

The final overview so far, kinda patchwork no ? so an AOR1 paintjob becomes unavoidable :D  

sPiEfdN.jpg

• 4 months later...

Some new updates in my project (finally) :D 

Because the original battery is way to smal, i am going tot do a battery upgrade, so an external accu is recuired.

For this iw il build a custom LA-5 (more about this soon)    

To prepare this mod i needed to "bypass" the power cables, i made an adapter witch fits into the original battery contacts, and led the cables

true the toprail , direction LA-5. the result you can see on the photo's

CusfR2X.jpg

7zniZAJ.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

After the assembly i did some testing, and it appeared that the gearbox was jammed, so i was forced to disassemble the "thing"  (altough it was not planned )  :angry:

Anyway, since i received this week a kit of Element grease, i decided to clean up the whole box , and lubricated the gb again.

dXZTeHe.jpg

Aypp6vj.jpg

vbFchkZ.jpg

b1CGZzj.jpg

The gearbox itself was not that bad after all (for a WELL) exept for the plastic bearing, and poor airseal between Cylinder, and Piston !

After i cleaned al the parts, i stretched up the O-ring , wich was a remarkable improvement, now i can feel the compression.

Airseal between nozzle, cylinderhead, and cylinder , was surprisingly good.

5CWqZuj.jpg

ydmXfsQ.jpg

mw1ZE4q.jpg

vtlUuax.jpg

3wVKUQp.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Finally i did a outer barrel fixation mod, 

Standard the outer barrel is attached to the front cap, witch also serves as the cap for the battery compartiment, the cap is only secured by a latch, and as a lot of wobble

completely unacceptable for use with a suppressor, since i wil not use the standard battery anymore i can secure the cap , so i  made a clamp wich is attached by the same screws of the top rail, the frontcap can be fixed with a frontal screw , and two small screws below.

coWZcsk.jpg

E0nfFWi.jpg

vpbk8nX.jpg

Archived