Goggle suggestions for better periphery vision?

aznriptide859

So I'm looking for some new full-seal goggles, however I get really ticked when they basically blind half my periphery vision. I currently use some goggles I got at a store closing sale; they're good, but they essentially block off all of my vision to my body (AKA I can't see my gear at all). All fields in Texas require full-seal goggles, so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for goggles that basically don't make me blind.

I wanted to try Smith Optics' Boogie Regulator goggles, but I've heard they fog up like crazy, and actually break when shot at. Can anyone confirm/deny these reports, or have any other recommendations? Thanks :)

I have some boogie regulators somewhere. They do fog like crazy!

I read somewhere it's because they're designed for parachuting/skydiving so they need a constant airflow to keep them from fogging. Does make kinda sense.

Can't comment on how they perform being shot at, mine fogged so bad they never made it to the field!

Got one shipped from the US on evil-bay, expensive as hell but I would say worth it.

Then I saw "sea drops" in some local outdoor gear stores......... :cookiemonster:

...........also from McNett, pretty much same stuff but thicker.

By the way, this is also good, easier to achieve a good coating but not as long-lasting

http://www.parkersperfect.com/

A "full seal" is for wind, dust or chemical splashes, not impact resistance. Properly fitting safety glasses are just as safe.

When I'm forced to by arbitrary rules, I use Regulators with Op Drops, the vent baffle removed, and a few notches in the foam across the top for good measure.

Don't safety glasses have at least a 6mm gap between the lens and your face?

The boogie regulators are a nice goggle. The fogging comes down to local conditions and the person using them. The only way to know for sure if they work is to try them out. If your'e somewhere dry and you don't sweat tons they may be fine.

The ESS NVG are low profile but you'll stil get a bit of tunnel vison with them.

I would say that if you're only being shot at in a duel at ten paces scenario then shooting glasses would be OK.

In airsoft when the shots can and will come from 360 and with no waring then "shooting glasses" are definitely not "being shot at glasses". Play long enough and you'll see someone with a BB that makes ingress to even full seal goggles.

A "full seal" is for wind, dust or chemical splashes, not impact resistance. Properly fitting safety glasses are just as safe.

When I'm forced to by arbitrary rules, I use Regulators with Op Drops, the vent baffle removed, and a few notches in the foam across the top for good measure.

And your periphery isn't blocked in any way?

I opted in and bought Revisions Desert Locus Asian Fit with fan.

Very comfortable and made with great material, however it would fog.

So I opted in and bought their thermal lens. Perfect, no fogs outdoors, however indoors there still some fogging.

Removed the foam on the side and below and abit up top, perfect.

TLDR:

Revision Desert Locus + Fan + Thermal Lens + Removal Foam = NO FOGGING/SWEAT. PERIOD.

Also a 30% off coupon on their products somewhere on google.

Would the Oakley helo kit not be acceptable at any of your fields?  I have a pair for my M-Frames that also (technically) attaches to my ESS Crossbows.

I'm also a no-go on Boogie Regulators, a teammate of mine couldn't bear them due to fog.

So you fog the Smiths but not that Oakley setup?

Archived