Tanaka revolver question

harborne blue

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly what's wrong with it? O-rings? Worn parts or down right broken? You can keep a Tanaka running indefinitely with the proper care and eventually rebuilding worn parts instead of replacing them. My .500 S&W is still Woking perfectly well and was purchased some time 2006 and isn't exactly a display piece either.

This one's for an M29, but Smiths disassemble similarly and all PEGASUS internals are built just about the same.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews/m629/44magnum/manual/m629_manual4.jpg

From the sound of it you may need to replace the valve o-ring with a new one. It it's a pre-CASSIOPEIA it should be a -003 size, Viton or Buna-N in 70 durometer will do. To get to that part:

-undo screw above trigger guard

-whole cylinder and crane comes off forwards

-unscrew ejector rod (may have threadlock

-separate cylinder from crane

-undo 3 small screw at the back of the cylinder

-back of cylinder comes off and the outer cylinder can be separated from the inner cylinder

-(make sure inner cylinder is empty of gas) undo large screw in front of inner cylinder where the ejects rod screws into

-carefully remove back of inner cylinder from inner cylinder body

-with the back removed you now have access to change the valve o-ring

Up to the shooter. I go up against AEGs with my single actions and those use cartridges. To make the ejector rod housing hold bbs you need to shorten the actual ejector rod then flip the spring in front pushing the ejector backwards. You can fit up to 12 or so bbs this way which is about as much as older non detachable cylinder models can hold.

• 1 month later...

This one's for an M29, but Smiths disassemble similarly and all PEGASUS internals are built just about the same.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews/m629/44magnum/manual/m629_manual4.jpg

From the sound of it you may need to replace the valve o-ring with a new one. It it's a pre-CASSIOPEIA it should be a -003 size, Viton or Buna-N in 70 durometer will do. To get to that part:

-undo screw above trigger guard

-whole cylinder and crane comes off forwards

-unscrew ejector rod (may have threadlock

-separate cylinder from crane

-undo 3 small screw at the back of the cylinder

-back of cylinder comes off and the outer cylinder can be separated from the inner cylinder

-(make sure inner cylinder is empty of gas) undo large screw in front of inner cylinder where the ejects rod screws into

-carefully remove back of inner cylinder from inner cylinder body

-with the back removed you now have access to change the valve o-ring

thanks for posting that and the other advice about tanaka revolver systems

did this to my m36 last night and just using the drill freehand opened up the exhaust port to 4mm, swapped out the valves o-ring for a slightly larger one.  seems to hold gas and works great so i guess i didnt fk it up

no chrono here so i'll have to wait until i can definately say its improved but it certainly seems to be shooting with a lot more of a crack

Archived