Welcome to the RS Discussion Sub Forum!

bankz5152

Thanks to Arnie we have a RS Discussion sub forum! I thought it was a good idea considering the popularity of the RS Discussion thread! 

Anyway, on to everyone else what they shoot, where they shoot and everything else!

Personally been shooting clays on and off for the past 11 years. Held a Sec2 SGC for the past 5 years and currently working toward my Section 1 FAC. 

Recently started Practical Shotgun Shooting at Harlow Shotgun Club in Dartford. PSG is absolutely fantastic, basically IPSC for shotguns! 

Own a Beretta 686 Black Onyx and a Remington 870 which has been customised for PSG.

Once I've got a bit more expendable income shall be trying out Mini Rifle/Practical .22 and Full Bore target shooting. I really want a Remington 700 in an AICS Stock :D and a Ruger 10/22 in a P90 stock. 

So onto everyone else! 

(Since Arnies is world wide, would be useful if each thread had a location to it :D )

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I shoot, but also I like working on guns also for a bit of fun.  I assemble my own AR and do my own tuning/bedding and garage mods (custom chassis, trigger jobs, flashhiders and etc). 

I shoot mainly on private setups and make my own targets, from 0-400m.  Shooting format can vary from IPSC styled matches, to military qualifier shoots, to fun shoots.

I have:

- AR15 Carbine with a CMMG piston kit.

- Remington R15

- Norinco M1A, trigger jobbed, tuned and custom bedded on a adapted battle chassis.

Been working/shooting a number of other guns .22 ARs, 10/22, NHM90, FAL as well.

At my part time work the platforms I do shoot are Steyr AUG, 7.62 Minimi, 7.62 MAG58, though other stuff like 40mm, 66mm, 81mm, 105mm I don't get to shoot as much as I would like, they do cost a bit of money per shot.  But thats not really for fun...

:D

LOL man was hard work, went to a lot of courses just to be able to play with the 81mm and 105mm, and its not as fun as it seems.

Worse part is, I am so used to the "boom" the thrill that I get hearing explosives going off as a child has totally disappeared.  

But that could also be because of some guy firing his Minimi beside my ear...

I've been a member of my work's shooting club for over a year using club guns, and trying other people's rifles when down on the range. After Christmas, my application is (finally) getting sent off. Buying a house and trying to fund a new expensive hobby at the same time is not ideal.

We have a 25m indoor range we use every week, and go out to Altcar rifle range at least once a month for fullbore distance stuff.

I shoot game and do a bit of clay pigeon. 

Got eight shotguns, 6x 12b side/side, a single barrel 20b (my fav) and a sweet little poaching gun in 410. You can fold it up and put it down your trouser leg. Its awesome.

The double barrels are a mix of cheapish-spanish ones and some more expensive English ones (can't remember who though). I want to get rid of a bunch of them to get an over/under and maybe a supressed for 410 for fun,

Got an old clay trap which will try and take your kneecap if you let it. Still works tho so can get some clay days in with the lads when required.

On the FAC I have a Marlin semi-auto .22 with suppressor. Stuck a nighthawk scope on the top. Blats rabbits. Would like to get a .303 for venison but its one of those things I haven't got round too. 

oh and a bren gun but it doesn't shoot bullets anymore...political correctness gone mad..

Genuine question, why is this forum different from from the other discussion thread?

Don't get me wrong, I'm for as many shooting forums as possible, just asking :)

Anyway, I've not shot for a couple of years now. Sold my shotguns to fund my wedding and house move. I really enjoy clay birding, but love game shooting.

Wandering around on a rough shoot with pals, dogs and guns on a crisp winters day, bagging a few things to scoff? Warm pub after, beer and a roaring fire?

A good day.

I guess its just structuring the forums to the right discussion.

I find most RS forums have a reluctance to talk about airsoft.  And even within the RS community there are so many different strokes/takes on shooting itself.  Aside from IPSC/3gun, service shoots, clay shoots, hunting, combat shoots (i.e. live fire killhouses/jungle lanes/contact drills), some organisations prefer disciplined approach to shooting while others are more the Laiseez Faire approach to shooting.  Both parties can rub each other the wrong way and lots of belittling of each other and lots of emotive language can be used. 

I find that many RS shooters in the commonweath countries are very protective of their hobby, as they are afraid that someone will f**k it up for everyone, have the government crack down on their hobby, so they try and impose their way to behave.  Many see airsofters the troubled potential half sibling of the shooting sport, with potential to become the problem child.  Its that judgement that annoys me.

Its good to know there are airsofters who are also RS shooters, and good to be able to talk about two conjoining hobbies without judgement.

It's not that, we already have a reas steel discussion thread as well as this one.

Again, I'm not bothered, just curious as to why there are 2 of what is essentially the same thing. I'm not trying to make a big deal of it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wore tweed when I shot my synthetic stock semi auto shotty.

Trust me, I considered multiple targets!

The gun club I shot with were all the tweed gentry type and wouldn't even let me shoot standing up unless it was a shotgun.

"no no no, you must lie down to get the best accuracy"

Not my style of shooting at all, and it's the biggest reason I don't have SGCand FAC by now.

Archived