Welcome to the RS Discussion Sub Forum!

bankz5152

Yeah.  I've read about people getting .455 1911s as it's an obsolete caliber.  9mm Lugers too due to age.  So many hoops to jump through though.

The .455 1911 is section 7 (is it 7?) That means you can own it but you can never fire it. Permitted due to the unavailability of the cartridge. Not heard about the lugers before.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup.  Section 7.  I was talking to someone a while ago, perhaps on here.  From what I gather.  If you can get one on your FAC which I gather is somewhat of a palava, you can keep it at home and not shoot or keep it stored at a range and shoot it.

Yup.  Section 7.  I was talking to someone a while ago, perhaps on here.  From what I gather.  If you can get one on your FAC which I gather is somewhat of a palava, you can keep it at home and not shoot or keep it stored at a range and shoot it.

So you CAN shoot it in certain circumstances! Nice.

Just try and find .455 SEMI RIMMED though, much harder to find than the noraml .455 rimmed for the revolver.

Watch the video I posted above. Approx 3mins in you'll see a .357 revolver being used. Note the long barrel and stupid wand sticking out the bottom of the grip. These things make the firearm legal in the UK. .357 magnum firearms come under normal section 1 regs, there as no restrictions on them. I have a very nice Marlin carbine in .357 mag.

As I have had the law explained, the calibre is quite irrelevant of the section classification of the gun, to the point where you can get hold of a single shot rifle of such absurd calibre that you can't find a range safety rated for it. (An old acquaintance once told me that he had to hand in one of his rifles because the one range he could shoot it at closed. But then he was one of those people who you don't necessarily trust to tell the truth in casual conversation.)

Or shoot a tank gun on a SGC (I assume not with proper shells though)

Well you can definitely buy a .50 boltie and if I ever win the raf sports' lottery I intend to.  You'll get a few 50 notes change out of 4k for the breech fed M99, which frankly makes more sense than the hugely more expensive mag fed version anyway, because I'd guess they cost about a tenner per round to civvies here.  Though it'd be pretty mega to have the .50 rifle from BF2 that could shoot through aircraft canopies...

Id love a .50 though i expect its not quite as simple as get FAC, join club buy Barret .50.

.357 just as easy way of IDing that revolver as ive no clue what model/make it actually is. Though you think .357 or .44 you think big *albatross* revolver.

On my phone my spelling will suck

Id love a .50 though i expect its not quite as simple as get FAC, join club buy Barret .50.

You would need a range that allows them (I think there are 3 in the UK, but I could be wrong), but you need to use it to keep it on your ticket. So you'd need to go and actually use it occasionally. If you go to a range that allows them though, and can justify it to the officer then I can't see why they wouldn't allow it on your ticket.

There are 5 or 6 Military ranges in the UK that can handle the velocity of a .50cal rifle, most UK ranges won't let you use em (including Bisley). Senny's one and Stanta's another, cant' remember the rest. You need seriously deep pockets for these things, expensive to buy and the ammo prices are insane. FEO's also like you/strongly advise you to be a member of the .50 cal club

One blew up a few months back due to user error - injured 6 people!

EDIT

.50 cal club

http://www.fcsa.co.uk/

To be honest its more of a mad pipe dream and bragging rights lol.

Ideal rifle for me would either be a Rem700 .308 in an AICS Stock OD or a straight pull M14.

I love the Lantac rifles but just far too expensive for the .308 model. Especially since I expect id only use it maybe 4/5 times a year.

Ideal rifle for me would either be a Rem700 .308 in an AICS Stock OD or a straight pull M14.

I have a .308 Remington 700 SPS action in a AX AICS chassis - great rifle, sub MOA out to 600yds (as long as its not too windy!)

Got it custom built from Valkyrie rifles - recommended.

http://www.valkyrierifles.net/

Thats where I was going to get one from if I bought new. I just love that rifle seems to be quite hard to find .308 models though..

Remington have recalled the model 700 due to an issue with the trigger design - that's millions of rifles just in the U.S alone. This will probably affect imports to the U.K of new rem 700 rifles, although you should be able to pick up a second hand one still. Just check to see if the previous owner has had the thing sent away for the fix.

I haven't bothered sending mine back; as far as I know there's only one company authorised to do the repair in the UK (Riflecraft) and last time I checked they were swamped with Remi700's being sent in. I heard that they'd started sendng people out the spare parts for them to do the repair themselves.

I saw that. Though I doubt I will be buying until this time next year as it stands anyway. With a Land Rover, PSG and Airsoft + a full time job I don't think my girlfriend would be too pleased if I spent 3 weekends out of the month shooting/driving haha 

Not to mention the money, was thinking of getting a .22 first then move on to proper rifles. 

Good news everyone!

Club membership approved!

FAC application sent off!

870 parts ordered!

Nordic MXT +6 Tube

Magpul Tube/Barrel Clamp

S&J Hardward Jumbo Safety & Delrin Follower

Im a happy bunny.

Also anyone use an AFG on a pump shotgun? Got one on mine and ive had to mod it quite a bit so it doesnt smash my hand/fingers to bits.

Archived