Old members?

garry

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Social media has kinda ki-boshed forums....why go to the effort of having to introduce yourself, perhaps type up what your play style interests/locals sites are in human readable English rather than just spaff 'wat am best gun' on a Facebook group.

Because half the *albatross* hats on social media are sub human morons.

If I come on here 9/10 I get solid information or at least some good convo :D

FB is just a trolls paradise.

On my phone my spelling will suck

Hissing Sid was banned/deleted regarding a dispute over a very expensive cake, say no more...

Havoc ripped pictures off here then posted then up on another forum in a desperate attempt to impress soldiers, like any cheap market town slag!

Samm, Ubar and Doc Newstead provided much laughs. :(

I remember the cake incident. Trouble with Sid though, he could be quite argumentative and a bit condescending and bully like (imo) - I actually had a couple of run in's with him.

Yep, memory is returning now, remember Doc and Ubar.

Also remember that Havoc thing as well now. I think at the time someone posted a link to the forum where the row was going on and the soldiers were dissing him.

There were deffo a few characters for sure. Some good and some not so good. But hey ho, that's the way it is.

Also remember people taking far too much notice of that rep points thing at the time. Best thing they did was to get rid of that.

The cake debacle was hilarious. The following TL:DR is probably a bit wrong in terms of specifics as it was so long ago but you get the gist.

TL:DR In the light of the impending VCRB possibly ending airsoft for us in the UK, some guy ( I want to say someone to do with Ivory music) wanted us to raise a load of money (£3K rings a bell) to send gun shaped cakes to various MPs to help sway their stance on the change of the law.  I believe his wife ran the cake company.  It had it's detractors and Hissing Sid was a casualty on the anti side.

The cake debacle was hilarious. The following TL:DR is probably a bit wrong in terms of specifics as it was so long ago but you get the gist.

TL:DR In the light of the impending VCRB possibly ending airsoft for us in the UK, some guy ( I want to say someone to do with Ivory music) wanted us to raise a load of money (£3K rings a bell) to send gun shaped cakes to various MPs to help sway their stance on the change of the law.  I believe his wife ran the cake company.  It had it's detractors and Hissing Sid was a casualty on the anti side.

Pretty much accurate, 'Ivory' owned the servers Arnies was hosted on at the time and rather than banning Hissing Sid for questioning the motive of airsofters raising a lot of money for his wife's business he deleted him which threw up a whole load of issues with IPB due to a load of content being lost, from what I recall it was a bit of a pita for Arnie to sort out and the hosting was moved elsewhere after that.

I'm still here, rarely get to skirmish at the moment due to never having money and free weekends at the same time but I do spend my days making (or attempting to some days) shiny airsoft bits.

If I remember rightly though, Sid was often already on dodgy ground. It was not unusual for him to throw in insinuated "effs" and "fyou" quite often. Both on the forum and by PM. I think he would have been banned eventually anyway. In my honest opinion, he did become a know it all, intolerant bully boy, and abusive when there was simply no need. A bit of a keyboard warrior.

Ghost rider started his own airsoft forum and Sid was promptly banned from that after a few post as well. Can't remember the details, but something to do with lies and deceit?

In saying that, Sid was correct with the cake scandal - always did smell of fish....!!

Still, good to see some long standing members still here........ :D

And we are glad :)

Really? Most people can't wait for me to stop posting/talking/ leave the room/die.

Even given the silly number of hours I've spent looking at this blue and white* this has always been most of my airsofting time. I rarely get to play, as most airsoft games are Sunday mornings, an obvious issue before I got kicked out of my church, since then I run other things on Sundays and that leaves me with only a rare Sunday morning free to play a half days airsoft. Very few sites I know will offer me a "half day price" and £30 for two hours is far to much for me.

I just wana shoot stuff that can shoot back, shooting paper is boring...

*speaking of forum colours, does anyone remember the sneeze fetish forum that had the exact same colour scheme as Arnies? that was surreal!

Who was the guy that had that insane HK collection.  Loads of photos spread over corrugated cardboard. 

evilhippy that sold off his massive collection to travel the world?

Mathub posting glorious 1911s in the 1911 pic thread.

snorkelman with loads of classics.

Nmcnabes or something.  Portuguese mod?

evilhippy that sold off his massive collection to travel the world?

bought a early fixed hop kjw para-ord from him, went to his flat to buy it. seemed like nice guy.

a few yrs later i sold the para-ord to a m8 (also a member here) who still uses it to great effect.

i've been a member here since late 2004 and im sure arnies was goin for a good while b4 i joined, all the other forums i have been a member of mostly disapered up the arses of various mods or cliques of mods imo and thats why i only post here now.

Way before I became a member (and at some point actually decided to participate in things), there was a guy called Donnie I think who had a huge collection! I followede Evilhippys traveling blog for a while.

Ah yeah.  I was searching for Donny in the member database. His user title was 'Koch stroker' or something ha ha.

And I very nearly bought evilhippy's PFC M1928.  So gutted I passed on that.

Archived