TM 1911 MEU OR WE 1911 MEU?

The Sunshine Kid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

My rankings for stock 1911 pistols available (IMO) 1. Tokyo marui meu, 1911, etc, best performance and 3rd party support. 2. Kwa ptw 1911s, a few designs to choose from, decent performance, well made, metal slide and frame. 3. Kjw 1911s, again a few to choose from, full metal, marui compatible. Can't think of any others but I would go for one of these brands over the we models which IMO are the worst made we pistols available (there newer pistols are good as are there gbbrs). If it has to be a meu then marui or kjw.

Ten years ago, everyone would of said Western Arms.

True, but Western Arms even then had the issue of being expensive (in relative terms).

I know some people think a TM is expensive but with gas guns you really get what you pay for and not much else. Best to spend that extra £20-30 and go TM.

'FireKnife'

Having owned both the Marui and WE versions of the MEU, I would highly recommend spending the extra $50-60 (around 30-40 GPB) and buy the Tokyo Marui offering. 

You get a better hop-up, much better reliability, and a pistol that looks more realistic as well. (The cheap painted finish on the WE isn't great and wears easily) 

The only benefits of the WE are slightly heavier recoil and more weight. However, I'm satisfied with the feel of a TM despite being a RS 1911 owner. When considering factors for an airsoft purchases, I now emphasize performance and reliability. For those two, you can't beat Tokyo Marui. 

Im shopping for a 1911 type g-or nbb, I was going to get a baby hi capa 3.8, WE, for the form factor but tbh the upgrade potential is bewildering to me; christ, you could pour literally pour thousands of £££'s into building a "Formula 1 Race gun"; I've fired a guys Hi Capa and this thing just becomes THE pistol unholstered on the field, instantly attracting a site fulla drooling airsofters admiring the extensive external and internal work. If the master swordmaker from Kill Bill started doing hi capa pistols, this would be the one he'd give to Uma thurman..if she were to start shooting people with bb guns and ditched her blade, that is. I havnt asked how much it costed him.

the hi-capa just doesnt do it for me, I prefer something closer to a classic 1911 but with a bit of oomph looks-wise. So, im tr6ing to find the cybergun GSR; the one where sexy, glamorous Sig Sauer had a one night stand with the aging but handsome Colt 1911. Their love-child is the GSR; a wow factor gun, 'specially for a man whos wasted many hours in MGS4..but i cant find the bugger in stock.

The only one ive found that does it for me is the ASG STI off duty; compact and chrome and bloody cheap for such a nice pistol at 65 quid that leaves me enough for some hogue grips, maybexsome better s8ghts, and something to mount on that rail. This could be a mni silverballer;it definately has that hardballer look, only much smaller.

Cant find any reviews though that arent in french; anybody got one/ used one?

Edit just noticed this is an MEU thread...

There is a site selling K-warrior blowbacks, solid metal for 60 quid (not sure rules re naming vendors) they look a lot like MEUs though I believe theyre Hi capa 3.5 clones)

Nope. Sorry but even the £1000 steel build ones suck when taken in the field alongside a stock TM 1911 in all weathers.

'FireKnife'

That's 100% true! I have  a few steel 1911's they are very nic but certainly they are not skirmishable! They feel is realistic but they struggle to empty the bbs even during summer!

Stay the hell away from the WE 1911's and hi Capa's. These are the worst sidea rms in the market!! Better go grab an Army 1911 than WE!

That being said I have one WE (SG) 1911 that's I've shot it once, but I keep that for collecting reasons. I'm tired of fixing them, I've fixed at least 4 and thrown away 2!

Seriously... I've seen the barrel bushing fly during shooting along a small piece of the slide! And I've seen this happen a couple more times!

Grab a 1911 and never look back.. Though I'd suggest to buy a TM Hi Capa... IMHO the ultimate skirmish sidearm.

Lately I'm playing sidearm only using a Hi Capa !!

Wolf

Archived