TM 1911 MEU OR WE 1911 MEU?

The Sunshine Kid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I it may be the non functioning slide its the same for my ruger mk1... all that gas, nowhere for it to go except blasting a bb so hard itll punch you hard. Ive been shot by snipers shooting 400+...its not i n that league but its still way too hot. Target practice o nly u nless i can get that carbine barrel, mount my old webley scope and plead "its a hand held sniper, honest...."

Nbbs are very efficient though, no wasted energy; if we were talking about airguns, thisd be a major pro, but for something designed to shoot a person with, not so much.

Why is it not a plus for airsoft? NBBs can be made fairly silent because they don't have all those moving parts slamming together and making a racket.

Some NBBs, particularly high powered pistols and PARTICULARLY the KJ ruger, are far to powerful to be used in airsoft games. 400+FPS at close range just isn't why we play.

The fact that most of them use a design where the barrel moves means they are often inaccurate. I've found the KJ ruger to not be accurate to a range where it's safe to shoot at someone.

On the other hand the only reason why they are high powered is that they are high powered, if fitted with hammer springs and valves that are designed for 300-350 fps OR are built using designs that are accurate then they are brilliant for airsoft use. Such as the TM k23 or the marushin P99.

Yeah, the site I play at is so popular they don't chrone...9/10 players use simple common sense, but you get the odd one who thinks massive power equates to high performance, and ive been blasted at close range by the ruger on a hot day and the bruising and pain by rights would equate to assault; Im pretty sure he was using very heavy balls, because they actually pierced my combat shirt (thats right:plural - he shot me 3 times twice after Id shouted "HIT!"

Thats not why we play this your right there 100%

My only experiences of NBB pistols are the TM Mk23 and Maruzen P99 hah!

I wouldn't be happy to play at a site that doesn't chrono though!

Those two airsoft guns are designed by airsoft manufacturers for airsoft use.

The same can't be said for the majority of "airsoft" NBBs.

Add to that the issue that there is a recent trend for manufacturers and retailers will make/sell 6mm airguns and call them airsoft.

Archived