TM 1911 MEU OR WE 1911 MEU?

The Sunshine Kid

If you wanted a single stack 1911 ten years ago, then your only choices were WE or WA. WE's sucked. And that is when WA released their Marsoc, MEU and Warrior. Metal slides by SD were fairly priced and easy to obtain. KSC Glock's were more common to see then either TM(Except their Beretta) or WA. Atleast from what I remember.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TM made the 1911 before WE!

I know because I bought it when it came out on the market.

I have had four we pistols and i only miss one the sig 228.

But it sucked as all the rest of them but i love the look.

This is what have had over the years!

2st Marui Beretta Tactical master
2st Marui Beretta Tactical master chrome
Marui Beretta samurai edge
5st Marui P226R
2st Marui 2st P226R chrome
2st Marui P226e
Marui1st Hi-capa 5.1
Marui Hi-capa 5.1 stainless
Marui beretta PX4
Marui 1911
Marui 1911 MEU
Marui 1911 Detonics
Marui 1911 Desert warrior
Marui 1911 Strike warrior
Marui 1911 Night Warrior
2st Marui Glock 17

1st KWA Beretta 93R
3st KSC Glock 26C
3st KWA Glock 23F
1st KSC Glock 18C
2st KJW Sig P229
1st WE Sig P228
2st WE Glock 18C
1st WE Beretta PX4 bulldog
1st Western Arms Beretta 92F INOX
1st Westerna Arms 2011 SVI

Odd how peoples experiences differ.

Western Arms are the only gbb's I've owned (which have had quite a few rounds through) that have never failed - still have four of them.

I've had every other make break at some point including TM. Worse reliability I've found personally is KSC.

If you really want a full metal 1911 at a reasonable cost, then I'd try an Army 1911. I have two and both have been pretty good. The castings and overall quality vs price really is quite impressive.

True about the hop, but I forgave that due to the build / finish and reliability really.

I remember buying a 92F in circa 1999, sold it to a mate in around 2005. It's been shot to death, he still has it and it still works ok. Even the mag still holds gas!!

indeed, i have a wa combat commander here than i will never skirmish with because the performance compared to a tm is laughable. the hop is super sensitive, not terribly consistent and requires a partial strip down and a tool to adjust. i did have a wa gbb years ago that i managed to set the hop on, took me several shooting sessions and a lot of time wasted to get there

conversely on a tm 1911 type u could have adjusted the hop in the time its taken you to read this post and it will stay set 

Justcbrought a hi capa style gbb: k-warrior, the full auto one. This site had one left for 40 kwid serious bargain. I think its a 3.8 clone if im not mistaken. Priority one is losing those grips and putting some decent woodwork there. My budget was a hundred so anything weak or poor quality can be swapped out for good parts, though im not gonna fall into the hi capa upgrade black hole- i just want to plug somebody at cqb range. Dont laugh, but I also brought a bison KAC pdw as ive always liked springers

(Been shooting air rifles for decades and they last forever). The pdws supposed to be real heavy and Ive been meaning to try and make a self-loading spring rifle.

Would fitting a propane adapter to a hi-capa be simple btw?

Propane is the same as green gas but cheaper and smellier; performance, wear, reliability etc. should all be the same. Sometimes propane can have slightly more pressure than green, but it's usually like 10 psi so nothing drastic. The only was using propane might affect your reliability is that it doesn't have any lubricant in it so you have to do that yourself.

If you work in a builders merchant you'd be daft to not use propane!

Cheers ive no xp with gas other than my cp88, and thats had 2000pellets through it tops. I guess ill need to get into the habit of regular breakdown-clean-and lube, but i kind of enjoy that stuff. And a man packing a .45 can never have enough lubwle...So, propane it is then. As for upgrades, im going for bomb-proof reliability as its auto but also a nice crisp trigger pull, with decent reset.

The slide is solid steel and heavy asxyou like; the idea of that slamming back and forth surely cant be good for gas and long term life; Funnily enough a bloke in the tool hire hunts with airguns and his machining skills with rifles is sweet; I may ask him to do some lightning cutsike on the g18c The idea of a short slide ala the p38 would be frigging sweet but I wouldnt want to mess with balance. Would fitting an alloy slide improve pwrformance in any way?

Btw can anyone tell me whata hi capa actually is? I know it means hi capacacity and is clearly a custom 1911 but is it based on a real life firearm?

Thats great news, I work in a builders merchant soi get propane for next to nothing-

Are there any benefits performance and reliability wise (is propane gentler on the guns interjals)?

Green gas IS propane.

Generally airsoft green gas has lubricant added to it, and you have a different safety smell added to it, but beyond that it's identical.

Oh lord...To live in Texas....its hot, fat, and they still murderize their felons; and now I see these works of art: utopia!

Man, that one built from titanium though - just beautiful. Strange, for a while I thought this was actually a hi capa site, just shows the realism on offer now

Green gas IS propane.Generally airsoft green gas has lubricant added to it, and you have a different safety smell added to it, but beyond that it's identical.

Oh right. So this predator maintenance gas is just propane with a lubricant? The propane is so cheap compared to green gas though, even the added lubricant doeant justify the extra £££s imo. So whats red gas? Ive seen gas guns for sale that strongly advise againstcusing green, wheras the kimber ive ordered specifies green only, src "kickass" in particular; why is that. (Forgive the noob questions this is my first gas airsoft pistol.

Oh right. So this predator maintenance gas is just propane with a lubricant? The propane is so cheap compared to green gas though, even the added lubricant doeant justify the extra £££s imo. So whats red gas? Ive seen gas guns for sale that strongly advise againstcusing green, wheras the kimber ive ordered specifies green only, src "kickass" in particular; why is that. (Forgive the noob questions this is my first gas airsoft pistol.

Preditor gas is lower pressure than green/propane

Red gas is higher pressure than green/propane

(I think)Kickass is propane.

Recommended gasses sometimes mean that a certain gun will probably break on higher pressures, if they recommend a particular brand then they have a deal to sell that particular brand and want moneymoney.

TM normally say not to use green gas, but thousands and thousands of people run them on nothing but green gas for years and years without issues.

True, though I would be wary on the 5-7, XDM and M&P when it gets hot. They have the new larger chamber like and unlike the PX4, don't really have as much reinforcement in the slide return points.

However a TM 1911 based design? Pretty much TMs best design ever for Green, doesn't run too hard but has buffers where it needs them to keep going.

As for the 1911 design, WE was actually first but they were so awful literally nowhere stocked them (Airsoft World had to send there batch back after they had a 50% fail rate on sold models) with the TM coming out literally weeks later. I remember as it was just at the time I started airsoft back in mid-2006.

'FireKnife'

I do like the alloy slides but theres something about a big lump of solid steel, preferably with wood grips...

Surely theres a finish that would prevent this warping? Cerakote, something like that. Ive seen chrome plating kits for reasonable prices too; loud sure, but good chrome work is hardy as hell.

Btw does a heavier slide use more gas/ have more recoil than alloys?

Replacement nozzle will have the xdm and px4 running perfect until your slide deforms then get a aloy slide

But then that is not the base gun and not everyone wants the extra cost / risk associated with paying for / fitting for yourself such parts.

In stock for not all TM guns can handle Green in every temperature but the majority can, the TM 1911A1 being such a design.

'FireKnife'

As for what guns can handle what gasses, it really depends on where you are in the world.

I live in the UK and use a TM 1911 on propane. In hotter parts of the world propane would kill a TM 1911, but you'd have to be much closer to the equator and further from the oceans than the UK is.

Archived