Is this headset any good? Advice on how to use and what else needed would be lovely

The Sunshine Kid

The Ztactical Bowman headset is relatively reliable compared to other models, such as the in-ear bone conduction and throat mic headsets. The later ones are hit or miss. However, if you play a lot of games involving transitioning your rifle from one shoulder to another, this is not for you. Because the boom mic will get in the way when you try to rest your cheek on the rifle stock. The Cobra Boom Arm model is my favorite as it raises the mic just high enough to clear the rifle stock: http://www.evike.com/products/46432/

794885232_888.jpg

You'll need a Push-to-talk device to use the headset. Make sure you get the one with the correct connection pin to your radio.

• 4 weeks later...

Good thing I had a look before asking in a new thread, just hope this is not considered a necropost

PMO Gordo: I have been looking into the ztactical cobra but cant find any info about it, could you please give us your impressions? is it comfortable? secure? 

Thanks in advance

Good thing I had a look before asking in a new thread, just hope this is not considered a necropost

PMO Gordo: I have been looking into the ztactical cobra but cant find any info about it, could you please give us your impressions? is it comfortable? secure? 

Thanks in advance

As I said, the main advantage of the Cobra Arm headset is the position of the boom mic arm, which allows great cheek weld on both sides of the face. As for performance, I couldn't detect any differences between Cobra Arm and Bowman or Swimmer headsets. In terms of comfort, the Cobra Arm is better than many headsets because there is no ear cup, and thus does not trap heat. You could easily swap the headset between headband or helmet configuration, and the locking mechanism seems adequate. Also, the helmet mount is designed for MICH or PASGT helmets, but I got the helmet mount to work on my Emerson FAST helmet by drilling holes on the helmet, cutting of the hook on the mount, and securing the mount with a pair of nuts and bolts. The base of the headset sits very close to my skull in my FAST helmet, but it's not causing any pain.

Archived