Drones? Anyone got any experience?

bankz5152

Hey chaps,

Quite like the idea of getting a drone to have a play around with though theres SO many on the market, wanted to see if anyone could help me narrow it down!

Don't want to spend mega bucks as it will be purely occasional recreation, so nothing more than about £50.00 ideally would like it to have live streaming video. Any suggestions? 

You might struggle to get something that ticks all the boxes with that limit.  Check out the various ones and reviews here.  Probably the cheapest source of them from a reliable source.

http://www.banggood.com/buy/Quadcopter.html

Expected as much. That said theres a Parrot V1 on ebay for £100.

Theres a clone Parrot on there as well for £110 seems decent enough, with streaming video.

What I dont get is the price jump from £25 - £125 for streaming video. I've bough many live stream wireless cameras for £30 and less, transmits in 480p across fair distances, even more with a clear line of sight. Tiny as well

Parrot is good at that price. Battey life on most drones is pretty awful at the mo. expect 10 to 15 mins flying time between recharges unless you have extra batteries or spend a lot of time trimming weight to fit a larger battery.

I have the parrot and mini parrot and both are fun to fly. The large parrot does live video saved straight to the mini ipad that controls it. The mini parrot only takes pictures and again saves to the Ipad.

Both parrot and mini parrot are designed to crash so don't be afraid to fly them hard until you figure them out.

Expected as much. That said theres a Parrot V1 on ebay for £100.

Theres a clone Parrot on there as well for £110 seems decent enough, with streaming video.

What I dont get is the price jump from £25 - £125 for streaming video. I've bough many live stream wireless cameras for £30 and less, transmits in 480p across fair distances, even more with a clear line of sight. Tiny as well

Then the solution is clear - slap a £30 camera on a cheap drone! :P

I wouldn't have thought the £25 drones are much good either, tbh I wouldn't class the Parrot as a 'proper' quadcopter on account of how it's controlled using a phone rather than proper RC gear. With proprietary systems you'll always be a bit limited as to what you can do and change with them.

Archived