SRC MP5?

BioRage

Hello there,

Pretty nubcakes on MP5's, and I found one one in Canada, at a decent price. I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with SRC MP5's?

Specifically this model: http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=SRC-AEG-0532TM2&search=searchItem&rs=src%20&catid=&cat=&view_choice=a

It's a stamped / folded steel receiver (unsure what folded means) and apparently the internals are similar to G&G?

Google didn't turn much up on SRC, but I did read that SRC products are not the greatest.

I read that CYMA + G&G MP5's are great, however, I just wanted to hear Arnie's community opinion.

I'm under the assumption that any brand will have to have the internals swapped out regardless.

Hello there,

Pretty nubcakes on MP5's, and I found one one in Canada, at a decent price. I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with SRC MP5's?

Specifically this model: http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=SRC-AEG-0532TM2&search=searchItem&rs=src%20&catid=&cat=&view_choice=a

It's a stamped / folded steel receiver (unsure what folded means) and apparently the internals are similar to G&G?

Google didn't turn much up on SRC, but I did read that SRC products are not the greatest.

I read that CYMA + G&G MP5's are great, however, I just wanted to hear Arnie's community opinion.

I'm under the assumption that any brand will have to have the internals swapped out regardless.

Stamping the reciever is simply creating the basic shape out of sheet steel. It creates something like this:

lsc%20vector%209mm%20v%2094%20reciever%2

So folding is basically folding the two sides of the reciver to join the two sides.

It's the same basic process as they use for the real thing (that's an RS receiver flat pictured above) But that is no promise of quality.

SRC MP5s do have good construction but SRC internals are a bit hit and miss at times.  I have worked on a number of SRC MP5s and they all shoot below the rated spring output while it uses the same mechbox as their M4 and their M4 shoots above their rated spring outputs.

Newer CYMA MP5s (i.e. metal receiver versions) have consistent internals but externals are pot metal, 2 piece clamshell.  CYMA MP5s are way too heavy compared with the RS.

G&Gs are good, but the receiver is of the 2 piece clamshell, both the plastic and the metal versions, and is lightweight.  Performance is good though, but you pay for the quality. 

There are the ICS and CA, both good stock, both have 2 piece clamshell receivers, and have similar internal issues to the SRC,  CA MP5s don't shoot where you aim, ICS has motor bevel pinion issues, and amongst other things.

Funny that the Real Steel MP5s I have found are a bit too tin-like in its construction and while its rigid, the stamped receiver doesn't like being dropped.  VFC MP5s GBBs actually feel better constructed than the Real steel, but VFCs have a ton of issues on its own.

For MP5s there isn't really a lot of options for a newbie.  If you are a tinkerer and on a budget the SRC is good so long as you can figure out how to get rid of the issues.  Chances are you will need to do the same tune job to any other brand of MP5s you buy anyways so pick something that doesn't fall apart in your hands, is not too heavy/light, and shoots where you aim and that should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, those aren't much better.

the SRC would be great if you just reshim it, instal a better piston, adjust the AoE with some sorbo, instal a mosfet, and get a nice high torque motor.

Basically the same stuff id do to the CA or CYMA. But youre left with a steel body.

Archived