Upside Down Plastic Magazine Pouch?

Soba

Eh....isn't this just a FAST MAG pouch? It mounts faster...but whatever.

The advantages to this (FAST MAG) system is:

-Very easy to reinsert magazines

-Fast as open top pouches are

-Sturdy enough

-Adjustable tension (change tension rubberbands)

-Twist-lock friction. Twist the magazine to decrease friction from middle rubber strip.

-Can be worn upside down (easier to grab on belts if you're wearing belt + bulky PC)

Disadvantages:

-Bulky

-Somewhat expensive

-No permanent retention

I wouldn't trust 500gr of magazine upside down after the system is worn out.

Having your first or two first pouches as FAST MAG pouches is pretty nice. They're easier to work with overall, but if you only go mag->gun->drop pouch, they don't make any difference.

There's a rubber strip in the middle, so when you twist the magazine, friction is shifted towards the corners, allowing it to slide out. It's not solely tension based.

Try one or two, but don't change your entire setup out in one go.

Edit: They do have a retention cord for pulling over the mag. I forgot. It's been collecting dust in the closet ever since i made a speedball rig >.>

Thank you guys for all the advice!

I looked a little closer at the video and it's got a link in it to another video in it starting at 0:11. It takes you to some sort of 3D view and shows the inside of the pouch. I haven't used the fast mags but does this one work the same as they do?

Thanks again guys for the help.

Video

Inside View Video I was talking about

Not sure it'd make much sense having an inverted pouch on a belt, you're having to reach really low down then and the mag itself will likely jab your leg a lot.  I find just having at least one reliable fast-access pouch on your reaction side hip in standard orientation is ideal, it's exactly what the majority of the fastest competition and self-defense shooters do.

Regards mounting upside-down on a vest; MSM did a video demo of the original ITW FASTmags a while back showcasing that.  Takes lot to shake a mag out of there, but it could definitely happen with GBBRs and other heavy mags if you're running around for a long while in airsoft.

Anyway looks like a decent enough retention system on these OPFOR pouches, long as the extrusion that applies the tension and the 'mag catch' spigot are made of sturdy enough materials.  Mounting them on your chest/abdomen area (facing in either direction) should work well with some practice.. long as you're not sitting or prone.  Notice how the guy in the demo video dove down in to the woods then grabbed that mag out of the pouch in his side?  Yeah, having to roll over to get to the rest of the mags on your front just is not ideal IMO.  But then if you're playing CQB and rarely if ever lying prone, go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure it'd make much sense having an inverted pouch on a belt, you're having to reach really low down then and the mag itself will likely jab your leg a lot.  I find just having at least one reliable fast-access pouch on your reaction side hip in standard orientation is ideal, it's exactly what the majority of the fastest competition and self-defense shooters do.

Regards mounting upside-down on a vest; MSM did a video demo of the original ITW FASTmags a while back showcasing that.  Takes lot to shake a mag out of there, but it could definitely happen with GBBRs and other heavy mags if you're running around for a long while in airsoft.

Anyway looks like a decent enough retention system on these OPFOR pouches, long as the extrusion that applies the tension and the 'mag catch' spigot are made of sturdy enough materials.  Mounting them on your chest/abdomen area (facing in either direction) should work well with some practice.. long as you're not sitting or prone.  Notice how the guy in the demo video dove down in to the woods then grabbed that mag out of the pouch in his side?  Yeah, having to roll over to get to the rest of the mags on your front just is not ideal IMO.  But then if you're playing CQB and rarely if ever lying prone, go for it.

Upside down fast mags on belt work great, I have one on there often.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived