Good gas revolver? And a few questions

Jess2449

Could you give me a couple of suggestions for a revolver based on the below requirements? Or something that could help me limit my search since the brands are many and i dont know which ones are good when it comes to revolvers. And it seems that many i found might have high fps but really lack range and accuracy due to lack of hop up

1)Budget around 500$
2)No preference regarding brands, i am pretty new to this and still dont know much about brands, even less about revolver brands.
3)Good range and accuracy
4)6 bullets that carry 1 bb
5)Able to fire all 6 bbs fast if needed without pressure issues(during warm weather)

6)not a short barrel, aesthetic reasons really
The main use would be a few non official games with my friends in the woods. So fps isnt an issue like in competitive games. Of course everyone is going to be wearing a mask and protective equipment and avoid firing at very close range so high fps wont be an issue.

A)What about the gas? I heard co2 is the most powerful and thus has high fps but i heard that it can cause serious problem to the gun after some use. Is that true? or that happens only to weapons not made for co2?

B)Are there any airsoft guns specifically made with steel in order to avoid this problem or is it obviously better to get something else in order for it to last

C)I show that some revolvers, the marushin blackhawk for example uses 8mm bbs. Is there any advantage in using those? Or you should simply use 0.25 bbs for high power revolvers?

D)Are those bullets able to carry bbs without dropping them? I am talking about extra ammo since it is easier to replace a bullet than take out the bullet, put bb in, replace, repeat x 6.(Or you must get a speed loader for that?)

E)Regarding the gas. I assume all gases have the same issue when it comes to low temperatures with tiny differences, correct? Would firing an airsoft gas gun during cold weather SLOWLY avoid the problem?
Could firing a gun fast during warm weather or just firing in cold weather cause the gun to break?

thanks in advance

A) the problem with CO2 revolvers is that not many of them are really built well. It's not the excess pressure that eventually leads to something breaking, but there have been cases of seals breaking which causes a leak.

B to date there are no steel revolvers, only plastic, zinc diecast, machined aluminum or brass.

C) if you already have a high power revolver, increasing bb weight makes them shoot even harder. They'll shoot a little slower, but the Joules go up quick. For example, my Super Blackhawk does around 340fps with .34g and 320fps on .45g. The .45g might seem weaker because it's slower but if you look at he energy that's 1.8J v.s. 2.1J in favor of the .45g. Now, the only reason my game site allows me to play with really powerful revolvers is because that .45g is an 8mm bb. Despite the whole myth that larger bbs will hurt more, they actually have a lower potential in damaging soft tissue due to their larger surface are. They're actually safer than 6mm, generally speaking.

D) most cartridge fed revolvers will hold a bb snugly enough that they won't become dislodge from dropping them. The only one I've come across that fails that is the Mateba which I've had to replace with custom made cartridges to address just that. Using a speed loader will be the fastest method of reloading a revolver, but the easiest would be to simply pop bbs in from the font of the cylinder.

E) most revolvers will exhibit little cool down effect due to using very little gas per shot as they are non blowback or NBB. You can still expect a gradual decline in fps as you keep on shooting however and is more pronounced with revolvers with small gas reservoirs to begin with.

That said, Tanaka revolvers used to be the most skirmishable only that they've restricted most of their line to well under 250fps even on propane. Users will need to modify them to bring them back to their original power which in some go all the way to 500fps and are good substitutes for sniper rifles. They also make the best looking replicas.

Marushin makes excellent cartridge loading revolvers which many will find as a con over Tanaka which does not. They're harder to reload because of the cartridges but I think that's half the fun in using them and you always have the option of loading them up front like a Tanaka anyway. Their fps is moderate at best, but you get really good range and power with their 8mm models.

Tokyo Marui make high capacity revolvers. 24shots in an ingenious mechanism that still qualify them as true revolvers. Low fps but great range despite this. They only make two models though, a Python and a Model 19 but in a myriad of barrel lengths and finishes.

WinGun makes high powered CO2 revolvers and is rebranded into a lot of different names like Dan Wesson or Pheonix which is probably aiding in your confusion. I generally dislike them as they aren't actually replicas of existing revolvers save for the Nagant and Webley models. They don't come with a hop up, but it's easy enough to install one. One I've just recently modified has a good 40m range using .30g bbs at around 280fps.

I'd avoid the DW's.

I've had three so far and the pawl has failed at less than 300 rounds on all of them.

You can reduce the chance of this by using just s/a, or losing some coils from the spring that pushes against the centering cone (it's stronger than it needs to be and just causes more stress) - but they still fail after a while. Unfortunately, spares are not that common either. The pawl is not fit for purpose on these imo.

Archived