New product from Ronin Tactics. Need some opinions

Jboud18

http://www.ronintactics.com/store/p28/"SENSHI"_Warriors_Belt_.html

I used a hsgi belt in two games before I got out. Felt a little saggy without the harness

I might try this out though because I'm getting back and no gear. Might take the plunge and try to write a review. Need some more experienced guys opinion. Looks like a very good product though.

Link not working, but $160 for a nylon belt?!? You can get a pretty decent cordura plate carrier for that much.

As for belts, without a harness you only get stability depending on how wide it is. If you're planning on carrying a lot a blast belt would be more up your alley not to mention cost a whole lot less.

Very much depends on how much you'll be carrying.  If you're putting together what equates to an  ALICE/PLCE setup with lots of big pouches full of stuff then I don't think the Ronin setup will work.  For like a pistol, couple of mags and a dump pouch type setup, then yeah it'll work very well by the looks of it.

You're paying for 2 belts and from a company that's clearly only making things in teeny-tiny quantities and from appearances I'd say the quality is as good as you can get, so the price isn't surprising given the economies of scale.  Might be worth checking out the Tyr version though:

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/belts-lv/gunfighter-belt-rigger-style/

Looking at the mag pouches Ronin advertise and that Senshi belt I'd say they probably have some strong links.  Now the Tyr inner pad doesn't have nearly as much velcro so it won't be as firmly supported as the Ronin, but it'll be more comfortable, likely just as well made and it's a fair bit cheaper.  I've been using one of the TT Fight-Lite warbelts for a while and that's currently my 'webbing' setup as it were and works a treat, very affordable indeed for a PALS belt considering the quality.  Also got a couple of these:

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17632&cat=284&page=1

Which are probably the most adaptable and modular padded PALS belts on the market at this point, would definitely be an excellent option for that webbing style setup if you're carrying all your kit on the belt line without any sort of chest rig, PC or vest.

I'm definitely thinking a couple mags, 2 primary and 2 pistol, a pistol and dump. Nothing strenous. I'm definitely checking reviews out on that Tyr one though. Looks good for $50 less. I'm just kind of wondering what I should go with to start off. I'll always be running chest rig or plate carrier. Just more load bearing. I also run a polarstar so I need to have a backpack. I'll eventally get a battle belt so if I want a real light day I'll run that with a backpack.

I reckon with AEG mags you'd be g2g on the Tyr belt, could potentially be a bit much weight to not sag with GBBr though given the construction of it (fairly slim and lacking a stiffener compared to the better thought-of gun belts out there).

What to go with, again depends.  A high end PALS belt will generally need an inner belt so that's a fair bit of money and they can move around, but if you need PALS mounting then that's the way it is.  Whereas if your pouches could be directly belt mounted you can just thread them right on to a decently sturdy duty belt, the EMDOM-MM one as mentioned is a very good option that I've tried out.  Very rigid, with internal velcro for the pads they sell and loops on the inside to stop PALS pouches shifting around, cheap too (in this context).

Personally, though I use a lot of TACOs, I'm not a fan of HSGI.  I sent a couple of really early production pistol TACOs (kydex inserts rather than the current formed plastic) to a high end custom gear maker once to use as reference to something from and he messaged me initially to question that they weren't chinese knock-offs.  They weren't, but I wasn't hugely surprised by his reaction.  I had a Woosatch ages ago that was uitterly shocking, at least 30% of the bar-taking on the webbing strips that formed the PALS was way off spec, either making the loops too wide/narrow or being in the complete wrong place vertically.  Only company I've seen use hot glue to make gear as well, which is down right shoddy IMO when all this is combined with the fact they charge just as much as BFG, TT etc and I've never had any problems with their stuff at all.

Did anyone say Emdom-MM and TACO?

kdx09_zps867a4e13.jpg

( Please ignore the tactical thread trimmer :P )

I'm pretty sure AEG mags are g2g as I usually run 3 G5 mags, each weights around 600g or 1lb, so 3 of them plus 3x pistol mags and other stuffs the belt weights like 3kg. Yeah, it's heavy but when it sticked to a inner velcro belt ( like IPSC ones ) it becomes sorta comfy, also very rigid that I can easily manipulate the stuff on the belt.

Edit: Old pic, I did actually put a polymer cobra buckle on it and it works really really well, love it.

Saw it on SSD... literally can't even get the images to load.  Though that may be a combination of old web hosting setup/hardware/contract and the fact it was posted on SSD.

Saw another velcro inner/PALS out combo pop up recently on a few tactical blogs, can't remember the name of the thing now but it looked much like Cryes' latest offering and generally a good idea.  Though I need to get some little trouser loop protectors if I ever pick one up, hook velcro just pulls apparel stitching right out in short order in my experience.  Not a problem if you're the SF guy who gets unlimited *suitcase* for free, problematic for airsoft.

Saw it on SSD... literally can't even get the images to load.  Though that may be a combination of old web hosting setup/hardware/contract and the fact it was posted on SSD.

Saw another velcro inner/PALS out combo pop up recently on a few tactical blogs, can't remember the name of the thing now but it looked much like Cryes' latest offering and generally a good idea.  Though I need to get some little trouser loop protectors if I ever pick one up, hook velcro just pulls apparel stitching right out in short order in my experience.  Not a problem if you're the SF guy who gets unlimited *suitcase* for free, problematic for airsoft.

Just get some stray loop velcro and slap it on. It comes for free with most morale patches.

Archived