The need for STEEEEEL - recommend me a steel slide GBB

swatti

Suppose I did all the mods mentioned, would that be a "M9" or how are the two different? M9 and M92f.

M9s are early Beretta 92F/92FS. The specs are fixed by contract for the military, but late civilian models have differences:

bw0z5dA.jpg

About the SRC steel M92...

The Co2 magazine looks identical to the ones made by KJW and problaby it is. So it must be TM compatible (no decocker feature) like other old SRC M9s, which didn't have a good reputation. Plenty of aftermarket support, and Guarder makes a lot of decent external parts.The slide looks decent  to me, but the lower lacks all the small markings featured in real Berettas (but KJW lowers have them!).

KJW M9 CO2 magazines are leak prone like their older 1911 ones. WE CO2 doesn't work well in KJW frames because tolerance differences, dunno in SRC frames.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Co2 magazine looks identical to the ones made by KJW and problaby it is. So it must be TM compatible (no decocker feature) like other old SRC M9s, which didn't have a good reputation.

That's an additional concern about the SRC. No decocker, and this is a clone of a gun so old it didn't have adjustable hop-up (although that was retrofitted by some of the clone manufacturers). I'd rather take a newer gun.

KJW M9s have adjustable hopups that they sell as an aftermarket part. I've know of people using them in their original TM M92 to be able to lift heavy BBs. But I agree that old style TM berettas are a dead end. Better to wait for more support of the TM M9A1 in the future or use existing M9 clones as they are.

By the way, the lower of real Berettas is made of aluminum, NOT steel. So a humble KJW which all the markings should be acceptable. There is almost no friction between the slide and lower, it's the long inner frame rail the part in contact.

Well, so much for that then. FULL STEEEEEL or gtfo.

I'm not paying 500 bucks for a steel slide. Lower being aluminium in RS was new to me.

EDIT: MK23 being an exception to "full steel" - mostly due to extreme fan-boy'ism to Metal Gear -games.

I have NINE kjw gen1 mags with leaky valves and despite posting a cash price to the one inventing a fix they remain paperweights.

I will not have more of those.

As a side note the gen2 mag works perfectly. I've tried any and all things you shouldn't and it still works. It literally gave the Inokatsu a new life.

I'm not in a particular hurry with this but you know, Xmas, the perfect excuse to buy something stupid and longer I wait the more the chances are my wallet will become a paperweight due to a trip and impulse-buy at the local Mercedes dealer... Stupidly expensive pistol is still easier to explain to "her" then a new car. Trust me, I've been in both situations.

I have NINE kjw gen1 mags with leaky valves and despite posting a cash price to the one inventing a fix they remain paperweights.

I will not have more of those.

As a side note the gen2 mag works perfectly. I've tried any and all things you shouldn't and it still works. It literally gave the Inokatsu a new life.

You can use the new gen2 valves in the older mags. Just buy nine for yours and they will stop being paperweights :) (but not ugly)

I think you are in a bit of an impasse with your full steel obsession. Of all popular models, only real 1911 have steel frames and slides, while real P226 and M9 have aluminum lowers. There is no airsoft steel versions of older TT33, P38, PM... etc.

If not a 1911, the Stark G17 or a custom TM G17 (for the extra parts compatibility, but with a bit less fidelity) are your best options for a skirmishable steel GBB.

MP5k wont fit in my holster and i'd rather go for the SRC steel bodied AEG and slap in a Wolverine SMP + airstock...

With the lack of options for "full steel" that SMP is becoming a viable alternative.

Are the gen2 valves for sale separate!? I was also under the impression they don't fit.

Yes, and KJW will sell you anything except full guns and mags by email/paypal:

sales@kjworks.com.tw
kjworks@ms47.hinet.net

Just tell them the part # from the manual (prices are in taiwan dollars). Shipping is very cheap. Remember to get the valve from the new mag and not the older: http://www.kjworks.com.tw/photo/13512420663.pdf

KJW after sales parts service is the reason it's one of the best airsoft makers for me. No "buy it and throw it away when it breaks" like WE ######. Really cheap source of TM compatible parts, too.

200twd is roughly 6 euros... HOLY COW!

May need to pick up some feed lips and follower levers too.

Looks like I need to pull my only gen2 mag apart to see if the valve really does fit on a older mag. I don't mind the hideous looks of the old mags. They actually take the refillable capsules better than the new ones.

I think you are in a bit of an impasse with your full steel obsession. Of all popular models, only real 1911 have steel frames and slides, while real P226 and M9 have aluminum lowers. There is no airsoft steel versions of older TT33, P38, PM... etc.

RA-Tech do make steel slides for both the KSC/KWA and WE TT33s. No frame, though, at least not insofar as I know.

• 3 months later...

I would put my house on the KSC lasting longer and it looks a little better IMO. My marui xdm broke its trigger bar yesterday and to be honest I wasn't surprised, my marui px4 has been fixed so many times now I am scared to shoot it anymore, I am now convinced the only maruis that should use green gas are there 1911s, glocks and hi capas because if (and when) parts break they can be replaced with upgrade parts that will last the pace on green gas. Until proper upgrade internal parts are available for a particular marui then I'm no longer going to purchases them.

And a stock marui using a steel slide is crazy.

Ra Tech Kimber stainless custom ii, RWA steel nighthawk, Inokatsu 1911, inokatsu p229, stark steel g19 and g17, ksc g19 with ratech steel slide and co2 mag, All have steel slides and are co2 which for steel is the best option if you want to use it in outdoor cold climates.

That's a mistake, the steel ones are 280 ish, that's the normal one your looking at, it's a typo on there behalf.

So the steel WEs are the same price as their SCAR-H, and barely $20 less than the steel Stark Arms Premiums, which come with full trademarks and a carry case? That doesn't seem like a great price point for a steel GLOCK.

They have markings but I would wait for the stark gen 4 steel slided glock to come out, the new gen4 by vfc is a gem, by far the most beautiful glock (airsoft) available. The hk glocks are nice but there frames mark easy and just lack that aesthetic value of the stark gen4 glock (and they actually performs quite well).

Im not in a rush here so i can wait a while... 

Oh, one thing i have to mention. THE GUN NEEDS TO RUN ON CO2! - very important.

Regular gas is quite hard to come by here, has to be ordered from god knows where, sometimes gets stuck in customs for all sorts of stupid reasons and if any make it thru, its ~20-40€ a bottle.

Ive allways been a CO2 fanboy so i bought a load of refillabe capsules and a paintball CO2 bottle to fill em with. Costs me ~5euros to fill up the big bottle nearby and wastege-% with the refillables is VERY low cause they dont empty when you pull em out.

Steel G18c @ CO2 would sound quite awasome. If its a Glock, it has to be 18c. Trades and looks is "secondery" to me, rather have reliability and skirmishable gun. 

Archived