The need for STEEEEEL - recommend me a steel slide GBB

swatti

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you find refillable capsules? They would be a godsend.

Plenty of places used to sell them, but apparently the ones RAP4 sell are better. They're ideal for pistol magazines, but they're not as good as genuine refillable magazines like DevilHunter-modified GHK STANAGs and Kalashnikov magazines.

The two types of refillables are PPS made (i could be quite wrong). Some sell 'em as SHS.

http://www.pps-airsoft.com/Show_P.asp?ID=1624

Cheapest one can get 'em from HK is from http://www.khmountain.com/airsoft/product_info.php?products_id=4643

To charge one you need

1. tank co2 bottle from any paintball store, 12oz or so. Get one with SHUT OFF VALVE. If you use pinvalve your stuck using the whole bottle and it kills the o-rings. We hatesss 'em.

2. charging adapter. Bit hard to find, either from S-thunder direct or from Germany. https://www.sniper-as.de/product/S-Thunder/Co2_Adapter/id/7062

To charge 'em you need to freeze 'em before properly. Some freezing can be achieved by magdumping and recharging the cooled mag err cart.

Rap4uk has all the stuff with a bit higher markup.

On topic, the steel co2 G18c is on my scope too. How can someone not love such.

I thought a steel slided G18 would be a bit pants in the performance department but I checked a Ra Tech video of one and it looks pretty decent, even on green, albeit inside.  Only a little bit slower than a stock WE G18.

Well, it's up to the manufacturer to make the product viable by materials, techniques and tolerances.

I put a Merlin bbu to a KJW MEU and had to use a real 7-pound recoil spring to keep the slide cycling properly with co2. Not an option as it would kill the gun even faster than it is already (monkey metal).

What that refers to is that with co2 there is the means and power to move steel. If the gun is made from ridiculous monkey metal it wont last much. With these pressures and kinetic forces it requires hpa tool grade durability meaning steel everything that is taking any stress or mechanical wear.

Man I wish a company would just make quality airsoft guns using decent materials etc. I wouldn't mind paying what ever they want as long as it was really well made. Steel parts, decent 7075 aluminium etc.

I actually just bought a new Co2 bottle WITH the on/off-valve and it's unusable.

With a pin-valve bottle I got 9-10g of Co2 in the capsule in room-temperature, 14g if frozen.

On/off-valve gives me ~4g if frozen. It's more complicated so the gas wont stay liquid.

I need to test my theory after the holidays and fill up the pin-valve bottle. I also lengthened the pin and increased the valve-bore for more flow / bigger explosion.

Someone give me linksy to a good on/off-valve?

• 1 month later...

Recently I got the Ghost Island slide for the WE 92FS along with some Co2 magazines, and so far it has been running great. Unfortunately, I haven't had much of a chance to get around to making a video.

The gun has a much stronger kick with KJ works co2 magazines, though won't fire in full auto for some reason. WE co2 magazines work great, though the kick isn't as strong because they don't expel as much gas.

I've tried fitting some guarder/KM steel parts, though those are proving a bit difficult. Parts like the slide lock are slightly different in size. Parts like the hammer or trigger have a pin which keeps them captive while disassembling the gun, so the holes on the replacement parts would need to be widened. (I honestly wish TM would've made it like this to begin with. Makes things a hell of a lot easier to work with.)

Sometime soon I've got a TM HK45 with a Red Alert steel slide coming in from a friend I'll be able to use as comparison. 

As for the PPQ that was mentioned earlier, Evike recently made a listing for the "Evike Custom Full Steel Barrel and Slide Walther PPQ" at $400 (even less with their 23% off coupon code.) I confirmed with Evike that it was in fact using the SAT steel slide and barrel and decided to pick it up. No clue how it will fare yet, I don't think there have been many people to use the kit. I also noticed in a German review of the Navy kit there was an included 30 round co2 magazine. I haven't been able to find the magazine anywhere, so I'm not too sure what to think about it. I'd like to try it with the steel slide though. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=336&v=R8kxRsqOWq4#t=5m36s

When I get a chance I'll see how all three of these fair with steel slides.

Local gun doc here has a TM HK45 + RA-TECH steel slide,

Modded recoil spring guide to have a smaller one on it, and then another one over it.

Thing kicks stupidly hard, and is the hardest GBBP I've felt, ever.

Granted won't get through a mag on super fast semi firing doe :P

I got the WE vs Ghost Island M9 as well just after Wooly Booly got his, I'm pretty impressed with it, with WE CO2 mags, the kick isn't as strong as other CO2 pistols I own (still harder than all green gas pistols I have, including steel slide ones and it sounds like KJW mags will make it kick harder provided you don't mind the fat base), so if you're after an M9, or M84s (no Co2 mag for those but green works quite well), these are not bad options. 

Having CO2 mags is a big thing for me. 

I just loved the WG makarov, similar system to the Kel Tek but less... Poop. HUGE noise and CO2. Size-wise makarov fits. No CO2 mags kinda hurts tho.

That looks great. Bit different tone in the lower VS slide.

Got a video of her? Full mag speed dump pls.

Wish I found a shop to 3D SCAN some parts. I don't have the time to model the Desert Eagle alu kit with my limited skills but I could alter existing model if there was one.

Archived