Ongoing Sleeve Gun Project

judgeman

One of my favorite movie props in the world are the derringers or other small pistols you see attached to spring-loaded drawer slides hidden up the sleeves of the hero, usually activated by manual force or by a wire attached to a ring or keyring ala Assassins Creed.

Taxi-Driver-Movie-Sleeve-Gun.jpg

now you CAN buy prop replicas of Travis's rig from HK, but i'm not paying 200+ for something I can build myself.

I have yet to see anyone build one of these for airsoft-related uses so I set about doing it.

1220140451_zps324fdcd9.jpg

The fully functional Mark 1 prototype is mounted to a Marushin 6mm Derringer replica with the front sight removed and filed down.

Current issues are: size of the device and gun to rig mounting issues. Note the MK 1 is a proof of concept, not the final and only model as I am currently planning a MK 2.

Possibly get one up after this weekend.

The Mark 1 is less impressive then it looks FYI, i'm having all kinds of issues with it at the moment that may or may not be resolved here today when some tools im expecting come in the mail.

I say may not because it's my day off after working third shift during a football game and my right knee is like "no you fool don't move".

Archived