Howa Weapons Picture Thread

I looked and couldn't find a Picture Thread dedicated to these type of replica's. Granted there aren't many models.

Still think it's worth a thread.

Most famous one is definitly the Type 89 by Marui.

1zf5uzk.jpg

And here is my actual one.

2a7h9jp.jpg

Rear wired with mosfet, with plenty of Laylax parts & accessories (including the Tritium front sight).

In all honesty this RIF is quite the solid one, and I do not use the word solid lightly.

It deserves much more credit than it gets. Sure it's not cheap (get the BE version then) but that is invalid, because, burst!

I will be having the BE version sometime next week, got a contact who has one new in the box.. It was too cheap to pass up, plus I want to build a long version. :D

the shorty here will be getting a MFT minimalistic stock. And the ICS stock will be for my G33Kurz.

• 5 months later...

10848763_10154936534610153_8391890052858

TM Type 89
Surefire Vampire tactical light White/IR

Beamshot Infrared laser Class 1
(Stand in for AN/PAQ-4)
Strikefire Vortex Reddot sight 
(Stand in for Tasco MD-33/ Aimpoint M2) Good sight I can get lower 3/4 co-witness with the ironsight on the Type 89,

TM Type 89F
GSCI Gen 2+ Rifle scope 

Waiting for the looking shop to get in the Type 64 so they can take my money!

Edited by kng6
  • 10 months later...

There's not much you can do with t64s except decals and muzzle devices. I don't have any muzzle device plans, but that doesn't mean I don't have plans for the gun.

IMG_20160418_243243852_zpsafnmawgs.jpg

Beyond that I just plan on getting the internals beefed up.

For those that didn't look at my other thread, the bright screws you see are 6/32 thumb nuts. I replaced the screws and pin for take down with 6/32 bolts and thumb nuts. I had to drill out the screw and pin holes to fit the 6/32 threaded bolts. With it set up this way, if my barrel gets jammed I can take down the gun with no tools.

There's not much you can do with t64s except decals and muzzle devices. I don't have any muzzle device plans, but that doesn't mean I don't have plans for the gun.

Tasco Japan actually makes accessories for the Type 64 and Type 89. 

S&T has pretty much cloned the Sight mount and under mount rail for a vertical grip. But off the top of my head there is a rail for mounting a tactical light and a rail that clamps onto the bayonet mount. The Type 64 was designed to take M1 Garand Bayonets but I've noticed it's abit tight with the S&T (Give her some lube and she'll fit) :)

GSDF Doctrine is to cover any pins and loose parts with Black Vinyl or Black Tape. only the ASDF and MSDF do not. 

ZoRJ295.jpg

If anyone has watched the Anime Gate all the Rifles are tapped in the correct manner. Issued sling is a two point M1 or M14 USGI Style sling, One could use a one point sling but it's a long rifle and you'll probably end up smacking yourself in between the legs if you aren't a giant.

*Because of how lose the bipod is taping it to the handguard makes the rifle feel more solid/sturdy.

Also nice Nintendo 64 reference (It's a actual nickname for the rifle)

Edited by kng6
  • 3 weeks later...