Review: ELEMENT's M3X target illuminator

Review: ELEMENT's M3X target illuminator

The INSIGHT M3X Target illuminator (aka THE SU-233 from the SOPMOD kit)
Is a smal, rail mounted flashlight from Insight Technology, and for years part of the US SOPMOD and SOF kit's
Currently it start's being replaced by the Insight WMX200, but nevertheless its still a "koosjer" loadout item icon_thumbup.gif 

Altough, he is already commonly in use, and a wel known item for replica builds, especialy on this forum icon_e_wink.gif 
i wil do a review, - of my personel findings of this Flashlight from ELEMENT- anyway .

As far as i know, there only two major manufacturers producing this Flashlight.
1: VFC altough known for its quality, his M3X is not an exact replica icon_thumbdown.gif 
2: ELEMENT besides produces an exact replicated version of the M3X icon_thumbup.gif (and cheaper icon_e_wink.gif )

The ELEMENT light is nicely and accurate "duplicated" from plastic -such as the real one- , the plastic should be a little less bling-bling compared to the "real thing" 
Inside you need to place two CR123 accu's , but in mine example the accu's entered to thight ! i needed even a pliers to pull the accu's out icon_thumbdown.gif 
on the battery cap, is a multiposition switch, with allows multiple setting's, and respectible functioning, There's also a jack for the remote switch.
The flashlight slide's over the picatiny rail , and its detained by a spring loaded "bar", this system allows assembling without tools.
The fit on the rail is good icon_thumbup.gif 

The led bulb provides a bright and powerful beam ! icon_thumbup.gif 
The kit comes in a cardboard box, wich as a sloppy apearance icon_e_sad.gif 
there's a remote swich, an ir- filter, and a stickerset with original marking's included !

The IR-FILTER is made out of silicone rubber, but is made to weak icon_thumbdown.gif in my version the the detaining pin for the cover just fals out icon_thumbdown.gif 

You can find this item's for the cheapest price €33.50 at Ebairsoft 

There is also a short version designd for pistols , the control button's are aranged to fit sidearm's

MY CONCLUSION:
The ELEMENT M3X is an accurate, and affordable replica witch externals could be improved icon_problem.gif 
The functioning and light power is just perfect icon_thumbup.gif 

I know ELEMENT is aware of these issues an wil release an updated/enhanced version of this M3X later this year (2015) icon_thumbup.gif
tLBy1Ds.jpg?1
1OqxbNK.jpg?1
g1WNv0I.jpg?1
LBYKZXF.jpg?2
TRbt1zr.jpg?1
xEvNh7F.jpg?1
BbpJIpr.jpg?1

The INSIGHT DUAL SWITCH REMOTE is also a replica from ELEMENT, and is also the only manufacturer who's replicating this switch !!!
There's no much to say about this item ; besides its perfect icon_thumbup.gif 
The switch comes in a vety strong plastic bag with a cardboard hanger
Is nicely made, fit's wel on the rail, and the buttons feeling just good. also at Ebair for the best price icon_e_smile.gif

SSTFiH5.jpg?2
SwpNJB0.jpg?1
P52aDKt.jpg?1

There's no much to say about this item ; besides its perfect icon_thumbup.gif 
The switch comes in a vety strong plastic bag with a cardboard hanger
Is nicely made, fit's wel on the rail, and the buttons feeling just good. also at Ebair for the best price icon_e_smile.gif

Edited by aac
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...