Mauser C96/M712 Stock

renegadecow

While waiting for gas mags to arrive I thought I'd make a stock/holster for my KWC Mauser because the ergonomics on this thing is horrible also it's cheaper than buying a ready made one. I mean to field this as primary in WWII games as a plainclothes resistance, and while the laminate stock is out of place, will make it look a lot more appealing once stained and all.

IMG_6939.jpg

IMG_6955.jpg

14032_10153522249045744_77464572134227811779835_10153522249040744_33889875957150

Why no one makes a proper Red 9 I will never know. There are days I am tempted to gank one of the old school HFC Mausers and do the engraving on the grips myself. Wish I had the space to do *suitcase* like this, my own workshop is more or less the kitchen table I never in my tiny *albatross* apartment.

Personally, once I get my Tercel mags and confirm them to fit (I'm about 98% confident that they do) I'll probably buy a few more just to chop into ten rounders. I could get the Marushins instead but not at $50 each I won't.

The Brazilian SMG is pretty cool but I like the classic stock better. Even if I get a 2nd M712 I'm likely to turn it into a SAI before that one.

The Brazilian SMG is pretty cool but I like the classic stock better. Even if I get a 2nd M712 I'm likely to turn it into a SAI before that one.

SAI? 

Google turned up this. I like it, a lot (though for maximum cyberpunk I'd prefer a rail running down the front and a beefier LAM like the LLM-01)

tumblr_nbfyz8rwur1rrmtkro1_500.jpg

SAI? 

Google turned up this. I like it, a lot (though for maximum cyberpunk I'd prefer a rail running down the front and a beefier LAM like the LLM-01)

Love that, started thinking about something similar after I saw Han Solo's Blaster. Thought if some US Manufacturer was to build a modern Version in say .44  or .45 Magnum it would be a great Bowling Pin or Hunting Gun.

Infact when I win lottery and move to Texas I'll start the company and build it!

My stick mag idea was meant as a response to ninja's post about top feed.

I like that modernised blaster but I would probably be tempted.to go for a large LAM that made the whole front end the size of the magwell if that makes sense.

Make it something almost a cross between the equilibrium berretta and a lawgiver.

• 4 weeks later...

The ones being sold in HK are for HFC but will probably fit Tercel and KWC just the same. Mind, they have the European and Chinese versions available though the only ones I'm seeing left in stock are the Chinese ones. For my build I used this mostly as reference:
http://askmisterscience.com/1896mauserbackup/stocks.htm
Not going for an accurate replica myself, just something functional I can cobble together on the cheap side.

edit:

Got the latch hardware done. Already staining the wood, just need to paint all the fiddly bits and it's right about done.

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6971.jpg

IMG_6973.jpg

Archived