US ALICE Magazine/Grenade Pouch Compatibility with M203 Grenades

Foden_357

Calling all US ALICE & M203 users!

I'm looking to purchase an M203 for my G&P M653; however, I'm considering methods of carrying the grenades using my pre-existing US ALICE LC-2 webbing beforehand. Can anyone confirm that the 40mm grenades actually fit in the M26 grenade pouches mounted on the sides of the magazine pouches? 

If not; I'm more than happy to consider the M79 bandolier, or the M203 LBV... 

Thank you for your time & patience, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards, 

Josh

Depending on your existing setup, you could just keep some inside an normal ALICE ammo - you can squeeze 4 of the regular('real') length ones into a pouch.

There's also the option of going Vietnam style and use an empty canteen pouch which will fit a couple more over a regular ammo - If you don't fill it too much, you can cross-connect the press studs to seal it off. There's always the ALICE M249 pouch or a claymore bag too.

The M203 vest and TBLV are a bit overkill, unless you are Mr Moneybags and can afford to fill it!

Thanks for your suggestions, guys!

Deve; while I don't have much belt space left, I do have one of the 200 round M249 magazine pouches (used as a make-shift dump-pouch) going spare. 

If I was to go down the 40mm LBV route; the plan was to combine it with my current LBV in such a way that 1 panel would be for the M203, & the other for AR magazines (or possibly comms equipment & use the belt pouches to store my magazines). That said; that's still a 9 grenade solution! Better start saving my money, I guess... 

PMO Gordo; that's an interesting idea, do you have any reference images to accompany it?

RIXX; is that an M60 magazine pouch you've got on that belt rig? I don't think I've seen a pouch like that before... 

Figure 1: 1.5 in PVC Pipe as Grenade Shell Sleeve / Projectile Protector (Note: P.M.O.G. Airsoft 40mm Projectile: https://www.facebook.com/pmogarmory)

PMOG%2BProtector_description.JPG

Figure 2: Grenade Shell Sleeve in Condor AK Mag Pouch

PMOG%2BProtector3.jpg

Figure 3: Tactical Tailor 40mm Belt and Condor Chest Rig and Pouches

PMOG%2BLoadout2.jpg

Figure 4: A U.S. Soldier's 40mm Grenade Loadout

Grenadier%2BLoadout%2B2.jpg

As I said before; I don't have any space left on the belt (after you factor in both LC-2 magazine pouches, the Bianchi M12 pistol holster, 1-QT canteen & pouch, medic case & pouch, radio pouch, bayonet & scabbard, & the double pistol magazine pouch), so I was hoping to either use my pre-existing pouches or a supplementary bandolier / load-bearing vest. 

Furthermore; are we talking about MOLLE II M203 pouches? On a 1980s ALICS LC-2 setup? 

MOLLE II M203 pouches? On a 1980s ALICS LC-2 setup? 

Aww, hell no. 

If I was to go down the 40mm LBV route; the plan was to combine it with my current LBV in such a way that 1 panel would be for the M203, & the other for AR magazines (or possibly comms equipment & use the belt pouches to store my magazines). That said; that's still a 9 grenade solution! Better start saving my money, I guess... . 

I got as far as buying a ETLBV and the grenadiers vest.  The sewn over ends of straps need cutting through to fit through the buckles before you can do the swap.  Potentially expensive route, even before filling with shells (or bits of black 40mm tubing cut down - makes the vest look full, great for a bit of intimidation)

Ghetto option: I wonder if tennis balls (or similar) fit in the grenade pouches? Dye/paint the ball OG and cut a hole in the ball large enough for a friction fit with the grenade - but you'd still have the issue of positive retention as the spoon/ring strap would be of little help.  Hmmmm.  Paracord retention loop tied to the pouch and around the rim of the cartridge?

Possibly the easiest option would be getting a 6-pocket M79 bando (pony up £25 to SOF, or spend some time hunting on the bay, probably from the US), unless the TLBV really appeals.

As I said before; I don't have any space left on the belt

The airsofter's solution to this is to just get fatter, reasoning the extra belt space might help.......

Stick them on the belt (use cable ties if needed), sorted. 

I did this with cans of beer at a New Year's part C.2001........

As I said before; I don't have any space left on the belt (after you factor in both LC-2 magazine pouches, the Bianchi M12 pistol holster, 1-QT canteen & pouch, medic case & pouch, radio pouch, bayonet & scabbard, & the double pistol magazine pouch), so I was hoping to either use my pre-existing pouches or a supplementary bandolier / load-bearing vest. 

Furthermore; are we talking about MOLLE II M203 pouches? On a 1980s ALICS LC-2 setup? 

Attach them to your shoulder harness - where the harness meets the belt is your best bet I reckon. 

Bandoliers are fine but you'd need a lot of shells! 

MOLLE pouches work fine - I use them on my SMERSH (Russian ALICE, essentially) - use the MALICE clips as usual then reinforce with heavy duty cable ties.

• 2 weeks later...

RIXX; is that an M60 magazine pouch you've got on that belt rig? I don't think I've seen a pouch like that before... 

This is actuall the belt kit of CAG Paul Howe. Pouch looks like a Eagle Industries Beta C Mag kind of

Archived