fresh meat

smokebelch

Ello, thought I'd introduce myself unsure.png

I'm Dave, live near Grimsby, only been into 'softing for the last 4 months, and my God, how I wish I'd found it years ago!!!!

Up to now only been playing indoors CQB (Arena Airsoft in Grimsby) but as the weather picks up I will be venturing outdoors.

Got my UKARA last month and bought a few bits already:

Bolt M4 SOPMOD

JG MP5 SD

KJ Works KP02 (Think its a P229 clone?)

Bought the following as 2 tones to get me going (both sprayed black now though)....dont laugh, remember they were my first purchases wink.png

CYMA M4 S-System

CYMA Desert Eagle

My look is all black at the moment (purely because as I say Ive only played indoors up to now, and its quite dark) but will be looking for advice (in the correct section obviously) on whats the best gear to wear when I start outdoors (woodland with some open ground/ quarry)

Brace yourselves for some very dumb questions (if I cant find what im looking for via search) please bare with me, Im on a very steep learning curve, but I'm hooked on the sport, so want to learn as much as I can.

Look forward to speaking with you all, and maybe in the future scoring a hit from some of you!!!!!

EDIT, just noticed I've put this in the wrong section!......doh, not a good start.....could a friendly mod please move to the introductions sub forum please ?

Seems like you chose the generic M4 route so pick one unit you want to start impression at. IMO the only way to make that thing interesting is to start making L119a1 out of it and go for DPM. Or just get the cheapest multicam gear and be like everyone else and their COD-playing mothers.

Now seriously - start an impression right at the start and it WILL be cheaper for you. Common mistake is to get some random cool *suitcase* and later upgrade and swap them to specific gear of an unit X.

Best bet is to just find a camo you like the look of and go with that.

Any basic woodland camo should be fine, and if you buy some surplus gear; it shouldn't cost too much.

Old Dpm, flectarn etc. Are cheap as chips, or there's MTP if you want something less 'green', which is widely available and affordable.

Imo impressions are not essential wear and use what's right for you. Closest woodland site is Lindsey airsoft (near louth) atm there's also humber airsoft pretty close which is a quarry. Soon have a small quarry site opening near ludbrough run by a friend of mine. And if your after kit if you haven't been in already https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Airsoft-Supplies-Surplus-Ltd/180541462119419?fref=ts No doubt see you around, welcome to the forum.

To be honest I would just suggest playing in whatever you find useful. No point picking a specific unit if you arent into that kinda thing! Play in what you want to play in.. I sometimes play in a banana suit and have a HPA tank strapped to my back and an airline attached to my rifle. Screw the haters I have fun slinging plastic pellets at other people slinging plastic pellets at me :)

• 3 months later...

There are two extremes to choosing what kit to wear, on one end you get the utter gear whores who get every last factor exactly correct to photographs of the unit they are replicating (including the same brand d-clips, wrist watches and bootlaces) and then there are some of us who wear banana suits.

Last game I went to I wore a Hawaiian style shirt and was waving a micro uzi and a ziplog bag of flour around.

What's important is to have fun, don't get caught up in winning, or picking exactly the right brand of glowstick to stick in your molle and never actually use.

[edit] Unless finding out what pair of socks soldiers were buying because the issued ones sucked and getting them for yourself is fun for you. Then go ahead.

Have you played at the mall in the past year? I'm sure I saw a banana there at one point. 

Yeah that was me.. the banana suit usually comes with me when I play up there! I'll have been the banana suit with an air tank strapped to my back :) hard to miss me! 

Archived