The art of shooting

Tianyli2014

Lol, an amature that learned from artists that were probably as ignorant about archery as artists today.

Basically, it would be fine if he just posted this as a trick shot video (I wonder how many tries it took him to get some of those hits), but he decided to attack modern (or traditional european as it were) archery instead and make a lot of gros assumptions about eastern archery (based on historical artwork) that have been prooven by forensic evidence in museums to be false befor he made them.

Not that his assumptions don't make sense to people only casually familiar with archery.

Dude needs to learn how to jump and throw balls normally.

Also, while id like to think he actually did all those things, there is a very clear cut when the arrow is shot at him and he catches it. Makes you wonder how many of the shots are actually edited.

I have to say though, when I saw this a few days ago, I got really into the idea of it and started researching his claims. Turns out, he's just an amateur making wild claims from his own reaserch and never bothered to even talk to any real archers or historians. All he uses these skills for is LARPing and his own variation of archery tag.

All in all though, I wish people who taught skills would stop saying "do it this way, that way is wrong" and say more things like "let me teach you a few ways to do it so you can see if it works for you."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived