De long awaited LA-5/PEQ-15 from ELEMENT is finaly arrived !

This is a functional Peq-box, not just a batery case !

Its almost a "must", if you want to build a U.S. Fighting Forces "Primary"  :D

For those who doesn't already know, a Peq-box is also called an "ATPIAL"

(Advanced Target Pointer/ Illuminator / Aiming Laser )

De "real" ATPIAL/PEQ boxes are made by the American Insight Technology and already in use for several years, by the U;S. fighting forces, in various models, 

De LA-5 is a more  recent model, and in fact an enhanced AN/PEQ-15 !

There are quit some differences between the Airsoft,  and the RS versions.

Starting with the power of the lasers,  the military versions are far more powerful

than their Airsoft counterparts, of coarse ! . 

And on the location of the IR illuminator,  of the "Real" peq boxes

there's a flashlight on the Airsoft models.

Here fore comparison the "real"  Insight LA-5/PEQ-15

P1100684.jpg

P1100681.jpg

A while ago, i started a discution with ELEMENT, about the remote jack plugs, and the compability with other brand, peq boxes.

After some chatting, ELEMENT decided to make their own LA-5 !

Because i gave them the suggestion, they gave me the honor to own the LA-5 before there  available in the shop's  B)

ELEMENT did a very nice job with this LA-5, he's very nice finished, with lots of attention for detail,materials, and realism ! (compare the photo's of the replica with the real one !)

The LA-5 comes in a rigid "tupperware" style "lunchbox"  :D , with a stickerset, remote pressure pad

and a  clear manual !!

You just need to instal two CR123 batteries.

There's only a red- laser version available  :(  i tried to convince ELEMENT for making also a green-laser version , because  -due to the human eye capability of detecting green better than red- it tends to be brighter. 

But ELEMENT says its to dangerous for causing possible eye injuries ?

The laser is Adjustable,!  witch is not a common feature on other airsoft peq-boxes !!

There's also an IR laser, but i could check this without NVG .

On the location of the IR illuminator, this ELEMENT LA-5 has also a powerfull LED flashlight !

On top there's a selector switch, wich allows multiple mode's and combinations.

with the pressure switch in the middle , you can switch the Peq box permanently On, or Off 

When using the remote pressure pad, the laser, or light remains powered just as long as you keep

the pad under pressure, or if activated two times the Peq wil be set permanently On, or Off  ! 

On the pic's the LA-5 with its tupperware storage case  :D 

i4HZpDt.jpg

1tBHQvM.jpg

33o1qAD.jpg

GrckfR2.jpg

y5zleDr.jpg

DN6hZQV.jpg

RdTnxAK.jpg

zcZ0KFR.jpg

XwF1T2c.jpg

The ELEMENT LA-5/PEQ-15 can also be admired on my CQBR of the Arnies Custom build competition :D

4l8zxn2.jpg

OzF9ZIo.jpg

C8d15PR.jpg

RY4yZHj.jpg?1

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably has a note inside saying "save me".

Wow this looks pretty promising, gna get one to try out for sure as the real one is just impossible to get hold of at my part of the world, will test it out on NV and also test how well it holds zero

This looks very promising indeed!

Any word on price and availability?  To you know anyone with NVG to test the IR Laser?

According to ELEMENT ,  it should be in the same price range as their AN/PEQ 16a

i think the wil be available very soon ,

but duno anybody with NVG unfortunately  :(

• Like 1

Wow this looks pretty promising, gna get one to try out for sure as the real one is just impossible to get hold of at my part of the world, will test it out on NV and also test how well it holds zero by going through a few mags on a GHK M4. 

*ah, would probably have to re-wire a IR LED then for the illuminator 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 2

Wow this looks pretty promising, gna get one to try out for sure as the real one is just impossible to get hold of at my part of the world, will test it out on NV and also test how well it holds zero by going through a few mags on a GHK M4.

*ah, would probably have to re-wire a IR LED then for the illuminator

Let us know how it gets on holding zero and so on. My AN/PEQ15 just doesn't seem right now a respectable replica of the LA5 is out. Still shocked VFC haven't released one.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the one you are looking for?

nope!   that's the FMA  :D

Doh!! My bad =(

FMA recently released red and green laser "upgrade" versions of the LA-5 (the old FMA was just a battery box with a laser stuffed in).  The upgrade version is functional and has translucent plastic details similar to the new Element unit.  Looks like the Element has an aluminum bezel and battery cap which would be another step up in realism.

http://www.toysoldier.com.hk/product_details.php?pid=1043

http://www.ebairsoft.com/upgrade-green-laser-tb0073-p-8244.html

Edited by kojak
  • Like 1

FMA recently released red and green laser "upgrade" versions of the LA-5 (the old FMA was just a battery box with a laser stuffed in).  The upgrade version is functional and has translucent plastic details similar to the new Element unit.  Looks like the Element has an aluminum bezel and battery cap which would be another step up in realism.

The ELEMENT has  indeed an aluminum bezel and battery cap !

http://www.toysoldier.com.hk/product_details.php?pid=1043

http://www.ebairsoft.com/upgrade-green-laser-tb0073-p-8244.html

• Like 1

I have an Invisiblesight PEQ15 and it's very good, it's not an LA5 though, which is kinda why FMA and element are making these, to fill a gap in the market.

That and Invisiblesight are pretty expensive, they cost more than most people are willing to spend on a gun so a lower-cost option is always welcome. 

Very nice! Thank you for the information and images, aac.

I was very happy when I saw the Element LA-5/PEQ ATPIAL announcement on it's site last year, from the photos it's looking pretty good and the new padded transport case is a great touch.

FMA recently released red and green laser "upgrade" versions of the LA-5 (the old FMA was just a battery box with a laser stuffed in).  The upgrade version is functional and has translucent plastic details similar to the new Element unit.

It looks like FMA has also released three colour versions (dark earth, black and foliage green).

The invis sight PEQ15 are based on the VFC ones right? They just changed out the internals and put in "real" diodes? 

I wonder if InvisibleSight's gonna make an LA-5 version with the new Element shells (which appear to be made of better materials than FMA's version, from the few JK Army images I compared).

Edited by WWJS?

I have an invisiblesight PEQ15, the old Gen 1 and Gen 2

The Gen 1 is a little different from the Gen 2 as the gen1 has a just an IR flood and newer ones have a Spot beam and the connections are better on the Gen2 rather than the standard minijack .

Overal great to use with NVG, i use it all the time with my PVS14's, aslo they hold zero well. I use them on my GBBR and never fail..

I found a review someone about it..will post it when i find it..

Edited by Siavash
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, finally got mine, it's pretty nice externally actually, considering what I paid for it, I'm pretty happy so far. Testing with NVG, I instantly notice something, the IR laser's spectrum is actually overlapping with red still, so with the naked eye you can actually see a very faint red laser, where as with NV you can see the rest of the IR range, so it's pretty bright. The visibility of the laser is actually enough to give your position away I'm quite sure in a really dark environment where people without NVs are likely to have adapted a better night vision, but this is airsoft, so really, it's for cool factor, and for the price, I don't regret getting this. 

Haven't tested how well it zeroes or how it will fare against recoil... and another note is not a fan of the gold stickers neither, will try and get hold of the black ones when I find them.

okay I need to take my helmet off now, I got some seriously weak neck muscles / I need to look into getting some counter weights... lol

A nice little feature is a small green light at the back of the unit, that way if you have IR on during the day etc. then you'll be able to see it, subtly, without running your battery down. Very cleverly done. 

Under NODS the IR laser is very bright and not very focused (which I prefer) and as just a laser, helps to light up rooms. 

Externals feel solid and crisp, a weak point is normally the jack for the pressure switch but can't check that unless i take it apart (not going to happen!)

It's a little stiff getting on a rail, but better than being wobbly!