Reak Sword SVD Magazines BB Weight Capability

dapprman

Not sure if this is the right section (or if it should in technical).

For those who have a Real Sword SVD what weight BBs do you use ?

I've been using 0.30g so far as I had plenty of that weight and I couldn't get anything heavier in white (so I can see where my shots go and also to help zero in the sight).  The previous time I'd been out with it (sniping from the second floor of a building in a set scenario at a near by site) I'd been given some white 0.40g pellets by another sniper to try.  Today I loaded up with them and found the magazine could not cope with them - I'm not sure if it is the spring not able to take the weight and push the pellets up or if they were a bit too soft and were jamming within the magazine feed.  What I do know is the gun would only fire them if held upside down (gravity fed).  I swapped back to 0.30g and it worked flawlessly (aside from wind, etc),

Could it just be my mag, could it be the pellets, or should I be looking at lighter ones.  I don;t want to shell out £22+ on a bottle of BBs I might find I can not use.

I have similar issues with heavy ammo in my 7.62 Pmags for my SR25, they really dont like anything over 0.25g, up to 0.25g no problems at all, 0.28g-0.3g jams in the mag I'd happily use 0.32g+ if I could but I can't justify buying expensive ammo that might not feed at all.

Is it that the heavy ammo is slightly undersized? Or too soft?

Tried MAG M14 mids and M4 PMAG'S too no problems up to 0.25g, but guarder and BAW 0.28g's and BAW 0.3g's all jam badly.

Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy some Nuprol 0.4g and bbking 0.32g's to try.

Jim

I doubt it has anything to do with the weight of the bb's, more the overall finish/size. I use KA 0,40g bbs in my RS gen 2 SVD, they seem to work well. I have had other bb and mag combinations fail though. 0,40g Guarder grey stuck in my aps-2 mag. Sometimes the size and finish of the bb's will make them jam up the mags of different guns.

Yup the grey ones. I think I also used some light brown ones that were more visible at a distance, but I cant remember what brand they were 0,40g. maybe Madbull? I am having trouble seeing the bb's past 50 meters even with scopes so I just ordered some white 0,4 and 0,43g from a Danish retailer. Don't know the brand since they are repackaged by the seller but if they work well I can try to get the original brand name.

Archived