SR25 cilinder volume Vs Barrel?

Isamu

I ordered a P&J (A&K at taiwangun) SR25, the version with the 350mm inner barrel and I have read that it has a boreup kit installed ootb in adition to the bigger air volume of the 2.5 gearbox.

So, my concern is to know which tightbore barrel (363mm preferred) would be the most ideal to take advantage of the bigger airvolume.

For more information, I will be using:

0.30g BBs

450FPS

Rhop or ERhop.

Thanks for the help =) 

Just read the description on there, possible they mean longer than standard rather than actually a wider bore cylinder? I'm sure I read that the full length barrelled version is over volumed with the v2.5 cylinder.

I have the full length A&K version so would be interested to know.

Jim.

Yes, I thought so too, but then I read in an spanish forum that the cilinder was indeed a bore up kit, not completely sure since spanish average user can´t tech for the life of him, but again, all of the P&J AR15 are said to be bore up kits... so im still a bit confused

One of my options to use the silly air volume of the v2.5 GB plus bore up kit is a prommy 6.20mm, but I would prefer not to loose too many FPS. Lost 30FPS in my AK, but being a rifleman gun, it doesnt really matter, but for a long range DMR... well, I would prefer to be as close to 450FPS as possible for that couple of extra meters

A longuer barrel could be an option too, but I want this project to be a short as possible DMR for smaller fields

If you stick with a short barrel like that, you'll want to port your cylinder appropriately.

you'll be able to reach a more stable and high FPS if you let the piston accelerate to a good speed before it startes compressing air. Just do the math and compensate for real world efficiancy issues.

I would get a ZCI barrel. They have good bores out of the box and you can find them with vary square cut windows (parfect for rhops) and they are also prime for rehonning and polishing with diamond compounds If you want more performance.

You would only be able to take advantage of a cylinder volume like that unless you used a barrel in excess of 700mm. With a barrell length of less than 500mm, there's almost no point in using an SR25 though.

• 1 month later...

Archived