PPK?

bobthebuilder

• 1 month later...

Not in the new Spectre movie he doesn't, judging by the leaked stills. Looks more like a PPQ or even (gasp) and M&P. But not so clear that I can tell either way.

I thought so too, but someone else confirmed it as an VP9 in the leaked stills. Which makes sense considering the bad guys always use HK in the Craig movies. 

I must be blind. I don't see any physical difference between the PPK and the PPK/S.

I thought so too, but someone else confirmed it as an VP9 in the leaked stills. Which makes sense considering the bad guys always use HK in the Craig movies. 

I must be blind. I don't see any physical difference between the PPK and the PPK/S.

The PPK/s is basically the PPK slide, on the PP frame. so it has a slightly longer grip, and the grip pannels are a different design (PPK wraps around the back, PPK/s doesnt)

But I'll admit that unless you've got the two side by side, the differences are almost un-noticeable.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, thats what I was thinking - the ppks is really no more than a way for US shooters to legally import a ppk- so its not like an improved or modernised version. The Umarex co2 PPK is great, it takes metal balls though- Im not sure if its airsoft legal.

Worth a try anyways...I mean I got on a umarex spree thing ages back, long before they made airsoft guns and for less than a hundred I got this piece of trademarked class that's mouldering away along with my p88_replica. Its either buy a nice display case/ wall stand or just fire sale them.

Guess that makes us bother lovers of Gerrman technology (so efficiant!) And I kind of love that ppq too; its the modern ppk and the ergonomics are just superb; that thing seems to point itself and almost becomes your hand. Dont meant to rave or anything but a relative has around 3 of the p99 series deactivated incthe 007 original (inc fact every single p-series from p38 to the p99). Id have to say this is where umarex started to lower there standards on their trademarked product- their p99 was probably their first flop quality wise; it kind of feels very cheap.

My dream would be a p99 frame (or even just the grips and backstrap) with one of the cooler glock slides in either nickel. or alloy. Hfc have aomething similar with their sw sigma hybrid "glock darkhawk". Never happen on a rifle but in a pistol these mixes could probably be pulled off.

Archived